Gen Con map upside down
Normal
Small
Posted by wdmartin

Hi! I just checked the map of the venue on GenCon's site. It shows the area with north at the bottom of the map. Furthermore, it lacks any kind of compass rose or directional indicator to communicate that fact. I was very confused until I cross-checked it against Google Maps.

I suggest reorienting the map to put north at the bottom, as is usual.

Normal
Small
Posted by del_grande wdmartin

I think it's done that way intentionally, since the convention center's main entrances face south.

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Actually, they are on the south side of Maryland St, facing north.

Normal
Small
Posted by gamingforever

Aligning to the exhibit hall entrance made sense 10 years ago.  Today, with the con spanning a dozen hotels and Lucas, I think they should change the maps to North at top to match with Google Maps and every other map outside of the exhibit hall.

Normal
Small
Posted by hikeeba gamingforever

gamingforever wrote:
...Today, with the con spanning a dozen hotels and Lucas, I think they should change the maps to North at top to match with Google Maps and every other map outside of the exhibit hall.
I hope they do that in the future.  Caused me a fair bit of confusion being the only map I've ever looked at where south is up.

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

I heard that if you look at it upside down and play in backwards it says, "Paul is dead."

New Post Sign in to write a new post.