Sundays @ Gencon
Normal
Small
Posted by sora

So, I've been going to Gencon for several years now and all this time I've never really stayed past Saturday. I usually drive home Saturday night and never gave it much thought till now. I was told by some one that nothing much really happens on Sundays and that things are winding down, so there is no point in sticking around really.  

Is this true?  Or should I stick around for Sundays from now on?

Normal
Small
Posted by rong

I always run and/or play one more game. The exhibitor hall is much easier to get around. Many exhibitors are offering deals to avoid having to haul back as much product. I also enjoy seeing all the younger gamers brought in on family day.

Normal
Small
Posted by sora rong

rong wrote:
I always run and/or play one more game. The exhibitor hall is much easier to get around. Many exhibitors are offering deals to avoid having to haul back as much product. I also enjoy seeing all the younger gamers brought in on family day.
I see... well then I guess next year I'm going to book my hotel room for one day longer and stick around. haha..

Normal
Small
Posted by selene314

"Winding down" is an accurate description.
There are still events running, just not as many as Thu-Sat.
The exhibit hall is open, but the best stuff is sold out.

If you don't mind paying for another hotel night, and you don't need Sunday as a travel/recovery day, you should be able to find things to do.

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

I usually enjoy Sunday's at Gen Con.  The dealer hall is indeed much easier to get around and there are deals to be had.  I find everything much less rushed.  Most of the crowds are gone, there are still great games to play and the atmosphere is still great, just more relaxed.

Normal
Small
Posted by sora

Definately going to stick around Sunday then next year instead of driving back home on Saturday night. Getting back home and knowing there is still stuff going on makes me feel depressed, lol

Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000

Couldn't get deals on good stuff but that is ok. I would be upset if I paid full price for a hot game.

Normal
Small
Posted by rutherfordr rhone1

rhone1 wrote:
I usually enjoy Sunday's at Gen Con.  The dealer hall is indeed much easier to get around and there are deals to be had.  I find everything much less rushed.  Most of the crowds are gone, there are still great games to play and the atmosphere is still great, just more relaxed.

This! I was able to sit down for three different game demos in the exhibit hall without waiting on Sunday.

You just have to cut them a little slack, because they've been working hard for three days straight.

Normal
Small
Posted by cerealkiller195

I did an early game scenario of Fallout Miniature Game then rest of day i spent at the dealers hall which was great because my schedule was so tight this year that i didn't get a chance to roam as much as I wanted to.  After that had dinner at St Elmos Steakhouse our annual tradition with friends where we all catch up as we all enjoy different games or have differing schedules at times.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.