Creator of the Unofficial Gen Con app here: if you have time, an honest review on the App/Play store would help me out!!
Normal
Small
Posted by vectorlit

Sorry for the long title! Hope you had/are still having a great Gen Con! If you used the Unofficial Gen Con app during the convention, it would help me out tremendously if you left a review - with whatever rating you think the app deserves.

Thanks again, hope you had a great time and I'll see you again next year!!

Normal
Small
Posted by menschi

Thank you. That was quite the life-saving app. Loved being able to save my events so I could easily see where I needed to run to, and linking the table location to the maps was perfect. Wish you could also have searched by game system as well as the title of the game, or to filter by game type, but I can understand how much more complicated that would have been to program. Great job!

Normal
Small
Posted by vectorlit menschi

Awesome to hear! And those are great suggestions! There is a "sneaky" way to search for events of a certain type right now: type the 3-letter category of the event followed by a "1". For example, typing "ZED1" into the search bar will filter only on Isle of Misfit Events. This just happens to work because of the event ID search, but wasn't really an intended feature.

Next year I intend to have a new filter drop-down with more options to solve the problem!!

Normal
Small
Posted by arosenwald

My wife was using the app and she was frustrated by the fact that every time she opened it up, it would have to load and refresh everything, when all she wanted to see was the map. Any way to make that separate somehow?

Normal
Small
Posted by vectorlit

When you say load and refresh everything, do you mean a bar in the middle of the screen showed up and said "now loading all events...", Or do you mean a green bar popped up at the bottom of the screen and said "update complete, now refreshing screen"? Are you on Android or iOS? What model of phone/tablet do you have? And is your phone out of storage space? Sorry to ask so many questions, but trying to figure out what the problem is for you!!

Normal
Small
Posted by arosenwald vectorlit

vectorlit wrote:
When you say load and refresh everything, do you mean a bar in the middle of the screen showed up and said "now loading all events...", Or do you mean a green bar popped up at the bottom of the screen and said "update complete, now refreshing screen"? Are you on Android or iOS? What model of phone/tablet do you have? And is your phone out of storage space? Sorry to ask so many questions, but trying to figure out what the problem is for you!!

iOS. It said "Now loading all events" with a count-up to somewhere around 12000. Phone was definitely not out of storage space.

No worries! I want you to get the feedback you need to make your app that much better! :-D

Normal
Small
Posted by vectorlit

Awesome, thank you so much! 1) What model of iPhone is it? 2) And what version of iOS?

Then finally also, 3) was she able to ever actually see the maps? Or did she give up on letting it load the events?

I can make the app open up without loading any events (and load them in the background like it does during periodic updates), but the maps will be WAY out of date without the update process.

Thanks again, it'll help me get to the bottom of the issue!

Normal
Small
Posted by bakermouse10133

The maps were great and really saved me a few times!
I like that I could save events I am interested in in folders.

The only thing that seemed odd to me was the time slot in search events , why did it have "Time" and then "Before" ?
Might have been helpful to put a slot in there for category instead. (Minor critique, really just a would be nice rather than must have)

Love it though will definitely use it again!

Normal
Small
Posted by vectorlit

Bakermouse I'm glad you liked it! The before/after time filters were heavily requested three years ago and are still one of the most used features; I think mostly for people with schedules to fill certain time slots, or people with slower devices that don't want to scroll through too many events.

Normal
Small
Posted by hauntedcity

Love the app. I left a 5-star review on iTunes.  I used the maps ALL THE TIME, and the ability to add events directly to my calendar was very helpful.  Thank you!

Normal
Small
Posted by bolallen

I mainly used it for the exhibit hall layout but about once a day it had to reload the catalog and I could not do anything else until it finished. It took about a minute to update, which I found a bit annoying as I wanted to quickly look up a booth number and move on. Other than that, I thought it was well put together. Great job! I used an iPhone 6 with iOS 11.4.1.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.