So who else has the concrud
Normal
Small
Posted by elvinlord

I gots the concrud fever, chills, Hershey squirts, can't sleep only 2nd time in 12 years.  I washed my hands constantly, used hand sanitizer, tried not to touch anything. Sucks

Normal
Small
Posted by garhkal

That sucks..  What was your eating habits like??  Did you get lots of water?

Normal
Small
Posted by elvinlord

Yeah drank plenty of water got 3 real meals a day.  Pushed myself with days from 8am to midnight.  Some times you just get unlucky I guess 

Normal
Small
Posted by skilletaudio

Last two years, no sickness. This year I had a awful headache, shakes and general flu symptoms the whole last day. Way she goes.

Normal
Small
Posted by traveller

Always carry one of these:

Normal
Small
Posted by rutherfordr

So far, so good -- I think I dodged it this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by garhkal skilletaudio

skilletaudio wrote:
Last two years, no sickness. This year I had a awful headache, shakes and general flu symptoms the whole last day. Way she goes.

True..  Some years, i've gon to both gencon AND origins, and other than a sore throat (from talking so much), i am good.  While other years i've been sick as heck when i got home..

Normal
Small
Posted by braewe

For ONCE no crud for me. I gm a lot and my daughter, after watching the end of a game said, Mom, why do you lend your dice to the entire table? Someone is bound to be sick and you sometimes scratch face or rub eyes or whatnot. 

So this year I got a cheap bucket of dice to lend and kept my hands on my own dice. Did the same with pencils too.

Normal
Small
Posted by wolnir

Con crud here.

Normal
Small
Posted by bithlord

I'f you're getting sick now it's two possibilities: food poisoning or overexerting yourself and your body being unable to fight off an already existing sickness (aka you didn't get it from the con, you already had it).

If you get sick two days from now, or a week from now? Probably the con.

Normal
Small
Posted by braewe

Depends on when you arrived I would guess, but according to an 'understanding the common cold' website, "Cold symptoms can also begin shortly after virus is first produced in the nose (10-12 hours). (13) The time from the beginning of the infection to the peak of symptoms is typically 36-72 hours. (1, 2)" which would, in fact, be about right.

Then again it may depend on your definition of con crud. Mine is that scratchy sore throat, followed by cough, congestion, and just plain downright misery that for me, usually worsens after about a week into bronchitis, whereupon I cough for about six weeks. It's absolutely miserable. That website says it can take a very small dose of the germs, which might explain why I DO usually get it. After Winter Fantasy this year it was HORRIBLE.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust braewe

braewe wrote:
 After Winter Fantasy this year it was HORRIBLE.

Holy crap, I can't imagine how bad it must be after winter cons in general. Concrud + usual weakened immune system caused by cold weather...yeah, it can't be much fun.

Normal
Small
Posted by hibouphoto

I have a cold. I am sure I caught it from one of the members of my group.  He was snotty and coughing the first night and using DayQuil the rest of the con.  Only the second time in in 17 Gencons that I have gotten sick so I guess I should count my self as lucky.  

Normal
Small
Posted by burrfoot72

I have a little sinus congestion that started yesterday while sitting at my desk but nothing that Mucinex hasn't been able to handle.  Can't complain too much.  

Normal
Small
Posted by kc2dpt

Last year I got a hernia which required surgery. This year, I got a blown alternator in one car and a flat tire on the other. And yet I washed my hands! :D 

Normal
Small
Posted by nikas zekeval

I had to make some urgent bathroom trips Saturday afternoon, but that was either the Subway I had for dinner the night before, the place a couple blocks from the stadium?  Or the food available not agreeing with me having my gallbladder out several months before.  That mostly cleared up overnight.

Right now my worst problem is how short of sleep I am going back to work.

Normal
Small
Posted by falcore91

I was extremely frustrated when multiple times I encountered restrooms that had run completely out of soap. I made a special expedition immediately to remedy the situation for myself, but the fact bathrooms were running out of soap probably didn't help in containing germs spread.

Normal
Small
Posted by jbship628

I guess I'm lucky.  7th Gen Con and never have I ever been sick after going to the con.  My biggest problem is usually a bit of sneezing the next couple days from whatever minor allergies I have getting used to my location again.

Normal
Small
Posted by bigjohn

I got something this year.  I was getting fatigued on saturday from lack of sleep and trying to do too much.  I started getting sore throat and other symptoms tuesday and today.

I try to make a point of getting outside for fresh air and sun at least once a day and take a couple vitamin c tablets. 

Some of the bathrooms were pretty bad, and I saw a bunch of gross people that use the bathroom and don't wash their hands.  I don't usually use hand sanitizer, but I will bring some to use next year.

Normal
Small
Posted by garhkal bigjohn

bigjohn wrote:
I got something this year.  I was getting fatigued on saturday from lack of sleep and trying to do too much.  I started getting sore throat and other symptoms tuesday and today.

Many a year, i've had sore throats from spending almost 15 hrs each day chatting while playing/running events, so i can feel ya there..  Maybe if i cut back to 3 events (4hrs each) a day, my throat wouldn't get so sore..

Sign in to write a new post. New Post