So who else has the concrud
2
2
Normal
Small
Posted by brooks

Just out of curiosity... does anyone find that the Vitamin C tablets actually help them out? My wife swears by them, but I've never been as certain. 

Normal
Small
Posted by kidlidar

My Daughter got it...severe stomach pains started Sunday afternoon and continued through today...Doctor said bad stomach virus.

Normal
Small
Posted by kellishaver

I ate real food, slept 6+hrs/night, showered 1-2x a day, used hand sanitizer, washed my hands a lot.... 

I felt fine all weekend. I felt find Monday. I felt fine Tuesday... I thought I'd done it! My first Gencon and no concrud! Then I woke up in the middle of the night Tuesday night feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.... Fever, chills, sore throat, and occasional, random, short-lived, but severe waves of nausea. My ears won't stop ringing. 

Ugh.

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc

Had it for half a day on Monday. Thankfully, it cleared up by lunchtime, but for that morning, i was really afraid I was going to come down with something harsh. Felt chills, mentally detached, bad balance, headache, voice was pitched down 2 octaves, which usually only happens when I've caught some throat infection... thank goodness it cleared up, whatever it was. 

I'm completely sympathetic to anyone who's suffered it for longer than a morning. It really, really sucks to come away with the crud. It's a totally lousy way to come home after having so much fun. 

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc aldctjoc

aldctjoc wrote:Had it for half a day on Monday. Thankfully, it cleared up by lunchtime, but for that morning, i was really afraid I was going to come down with something harsh. Felt chills, mentally detached, bad balance, headache, voice was pitched down 2 octaves, which usually only happens when I've caught some throat infection... thank goodness it cleared up, whatever it was. 
I'm completely sympathetic to anyone who's suffered it for longer than a morning. It really, really sucks to come away with the crud. It's a totally lousy way to come home after having so much fun. 

HA! I posted TOO SOON! Where's the damn Tylenol, I feel miserable this morning....

.... :(

Normal
Small
Posted by dkrantz152

Had scratchy throat since Monday, thought that would be it.  No such luck, full blown cold hit me this morning (Thursday).

Normal
Small
Posted by jhs dkrantz152

dkrantz152 wrote:
Had scratchy throat since Monday, thought that would be it.  No such luck, full blown cold hit me this morning (Thursday).
We are on same schedule.

Normal
Small
Posted by bakermouse10133 brooks

brooks wrote:
Just out of curiosity... does anyone find that the Vitamin C tablets actually help them out? My wife swears by them, but I've never been as certain. 
Works for me! I start taking them a week before, and take them for about a week after the con. I also shower right after getting home from the convention every day no matter how late it is, seems to keep the germs at bay. 
 

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

Friday morning, no crud, and I did nothing out of the ordinary. I touched doorknobs with my bare hands, ate what I wanted, wandered in crowds, etc. I find that getting a good night's sleep (or two) after the con works wonders. 

When I worked at a large corporation, my boss ordered me to take the day after a convention off, to prevent me from calling in sick in the week following.

Now swollen feet, aching joints, et. al.; those I had in plenty!

Normal
Small
Posted by mstabosz

Me, but only because I ate that packed of powdered gravy I found in the parking lot.
 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.
2
2