Luckily there are tons of convention options now if you feel Gen Con isn't for you
Yep. Pretty much this right here. Every Con is different. Do what works for you.
I don't use Special Services, so I cannot comment on that situation. But, other than that, I disagree with the original poster on literally every single other point.
1. Will Call. I do Will Call, rather than mail. And, worse yet, I go there when I get to town -- which might be the worst possible time (late afternoon Wednesday). I timed it this year, since the line was long. It was 34 minutes. Longer than I have waited in recent memory, but pretty tolerable considering it was the probably about as bad as it ever got. Will Call is open 24 hours. If this is important to you, it's easy to avoid a line.
3. Gaming - You comment on the library in the open gaming area, but that's trivial compared to the demos, events and more everywhere else. Simply put, there is nowhere you can go that has better gaming opportunities. Certainly not DragonCon. If this is actually what is important to you, I don't know why you'd trade Gen Con for DragonCon.
4. TICKETS!!! -- your complaint here seems to be having to pay for event tickets after already paying $110. I reject your idea that this is too costly compared to other Cons. Try going to San Diego Comic Con and then check back with me. Most events are cheap. And costly events like True Dungeon or an Escape Room? Well, you can't really expect to get into those for no extra charge.
5. Hotels - Not even sure what you expect here. There are 60,000 people in town. I can tell you that Gen Con blew up Milwaukee when it was there, and there were fewer than half as many people going to the Con at that time.
6. Rude - Gen Con has 60,000+ people. It has rude people and polite people - like any other group that large. I think gamers tend to be better about this than the average person. I certainly don't think the crowd is any different than any other game convention.
7. Safety - I have no idea what the problem is here. I've been going for 33 years. I've never had a problem. I've never SEEN a problem.
8. Staff - I think the staff do a great job. Again, I'm on 33 years without a problem.