Gen Con 2019 VIG Badge Lottery?
Normal
Small
Posted by [email protected]

Starting early. Will there be a VIG lottery for 2019 Gen Con? If so, when and how to enter?

Normal
Small
Posted by rong

"If you have questions about the program, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

To enter the random selection process for the 2019 show please send your Gen Con ID number, name, and email associated with that account between November 16 and December 14, 2018 to [email protected] and we will enter you into the random selection process. You must have a Gen Con account to enter.

We will be conducting the random selection in early January of 2019.

You will be contacted if you are selected with further instructions at that time.

Separate accounts must send their information via their account only. We will not accept multiple accounts sent via a single email."

Please note that the account holder must be 18 years old to purchase a VIG package.

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer rong

rong wrote:
"If you have questions about the program, please feel free to email us at [email protected].
To enter the random selection process for the 2019 show please send your Gen Con ID number, name, and email associated with that account between November 16 and December 14, 2018 to [email protected] and we will enter you into the random selection process. You must have a Gen Con account to enter.
We will be conducting the random selection in early January of 2019.
You will be contacted if you are selected with further instructions at that time.
Seperate accounts must send their information via their account only. We will not accept multiple accounts sent via a single email."

This is indeed the process. Thanks rong!

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

What are the perks of a VIG badge?  I may take a shot.

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks lord thrifty the cromulent

lord thrifty the cromulent wrote:

This page spells out pretty much everything. 

https://www.gencon.com/attend/vig

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent brooks

brooks wrote:
lord thrifty the cromulent wrote:

This page spells out pretty much everything. https://www.gencon.com/attend/vig

Ouch!  650 bucks?  A little too rich for my blood.  Thanks though.

Normal
Small
Posted by akassler

I would be really nice if we got some kind of confirmation email that our email for the lottery drawing was received.  Feels a lot like sending a party into a dark hole and hoping that they will eventually come back out. 

Recommendation:  Please put some kind of automated message that your message was received and will be processed.  It would be really, really helpful.

Thanks.

Normal
Small
Posted by narzat akassler

akassler wrote:
I would be really nice if we got some kind of confirmation email that our email for the lottery drawing was received.  Feels a lot like sending a party into a dark hole and hoping that they will eventually come back out. 
Recommendation:  Please put some kind of automated message that your message was received and will be processed.  It would be really, really helpful.
Thanks.

Last year, I got a direct reply from Mike Boozer, but I'm not sure whether that was standard practice or will occur again this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer narzat

narzat wrote:
akassler wrote:
Thanks.

Last year, I got a direct reply from Mike Boozer, but I'm not sure whether that was standard practice or will occur again this year.

You will receive a message to indicate that you are entered. Please note that starting this year the account holder must be 18 years old to enter the random drawing.

Normal
Small
Posted by narzat

I got my receipt confirmation today, thanks!  :)

Normal
Small
Posted by bamatrix

Mike,

I don't see anything about early access to the exhibit hall on the VIG info page outside of a mention in the VIG children's section. Do VIGs get early access to the exhibit hall this year?

Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by rong

Mike posted the following elsewhere:

"there will no longer be any early access for anyone. The program is not sustainable as it requires a lot of extra work by many people to maintain it."

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer akassler

akassler wrote:
Thanks.

Everyone who enters receives an email confirming that they are entered.

Please be advised, this is not a free VIG package give away. This is for the opportunity to purchase a VIG package.

Additionally you will only be contacted if you are accepted. 

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by funny-shaped dice mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:Everyone who enters receives an email confirming that they are entered.

Hey Mike,

What is the expected turnaround on email confirmations?  I submitted two on 21 November - one for my wife and one for myself.  With the Holidays here in the US, I would not have been concerned but my wife received confirmation this morning and I have not - and I submitted hers *after* I submitted my own; just want to make sure mine wasn't missed.  (edited: I have checked Spam and Trash, btw)

Thanks for all the hard work you and your team put into making Gen Con, truly, the Best 4 Days in Gaming!

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer funny-shaped dice

funny-shaped dice wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:Everyone who enters receives an email confirming that they are entered.

Hey Mike,What is the expected turnaround on email confirmations?  I submitted two on 21 November - one for my wife and one for myself.  With the Holidays here in the US, I would not have been concerned but my wife received confirmation this morning and I have not - and I submitted hers *after* I submitted my own; just want to make sure mine wasn't missed.  (edited: I have checked Spam and Trash, btw)
Thanks for all the hard work you and your team put into making Gen Con, truly, the Best 4 Days in Gaming!

Hello,
We have not received an email from your accounts email address. Please resend to [email protected] from that address!

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by funny-shaped dice mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
funny-shaped dice wrote:

Hey Mike,What is the expected turnaround on email confirmations?  I submitted two on 21 November - one for my wife and one for myself.  With the Holidays here in the US, I would not have been concerned but my wife received confirmation this morning and I have not - and I submitted hers *after* I submitted my own; just want to make sure mine wasn't missed.  (edited: I have checked Spam and Trash, btw)

Hello,
We have not received an email from your accounts email address. Please resend to [email protected] from that address!Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Resent moments ago.

Thanks for follow-up.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.