Event Host Policy: Dates & Deadlines
Normal
Small
Posted by hendelbolaf

i just wanted to ask a quick question. On page 6 of the Event Host Policy it says “Unless otherwise noted, all deadline times are 12pm PST.” That would be 3:00 PM Eastern Time in Indianapolis.

It used to be 12:00 AM or Midnight Eastern Time. While I realize Gen Con can make it whatever time they want, a middle of the day deadline seems odd or at least different for something like event submission.

Is that really the correct deadline? It is not terribly important, but I was just curious.

Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Event submission questions are better served for in the GM forum or directly via email. This forum is usually for folks promoting or attending events.

The times themselves are pretty much set for our convenience in the offices, and some deadlines are better set at a time where we have a chance to catch up on stuff in the morning before things are locked down.

Also, as general advice: if you're looking at only hours remaining on a deadline, then it's basically already too late - submit things earlier to be safe.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by hendelbolaf

No worries!

i actually have already submitted my events during early submission this year. I was just curious more than anything...

New Post Sign in to write a new post.