Pathfinder
Normal
Small
Posted by jhs

Pathfinder is releasing version 2.0 after a ten year run of the original, and the play test rules are releasing at gencon: www.paizo.com.  Hard to imagine more going on in the Sagamore ballroom then is past years!

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster

And the plan is to offer demos.  My guess is similar to what was offered for Starfinder.

Normal
Small
Posted by zbshadow

I also noticed a large lack of pathfinder/starfinder events at Gencon at all.

Normal
Small
Posted by twilightknight

All Pathfinder and Starfinder events have been submitted. Just awaiting processing/approval. With the many thousands of events being offered, its not really a surprise that they are still working through all the requests. Hopefully we'll see them in the catalog very soon.

Normal
Small
Posted by ryric

I'm hoping they will have both quick demos of PF2e and some longer sessions using the actual playtest rules and scenarios. Since the playtest document officially releases at Gen Con the latter isn't an impossibility.

I figure there will also be a seminar or two on the subject.

Normal
Small
Posted by kidlidar

Are there no Pathfinder Card game events?  I didn't see any...of course I could be looking in the wrong place.

Normal
Small
Posted by cigarpete

None of the Paizo events are up yet - Twilightknight is one of the main organizers, so he knows what he's talking about. Hopefully GenCon will get them up before event registration next weekend.

Normal
Small
Posted by lehane

Anybody know if Paizo is going to follow the basic time schedules they have been using in the past? (Pathfinder Society time blocks of 8am-1pm; 2pm-7pm; 8pm-1am; 2am-7am?)

Normal
Small
Posted by koalabro2 cigarpete

cigarpete wrote:
None of the Paizo events are up yet - Twilightknight is one of the main organizers, so he knows what he's talking about. Hopefully GenCon will get them up before event registration next weekend.

Anyone know what it is that they're reviewing? Surely by this point, they can trust that Paizo events are all appropriate for the Con, and since Paizo has their own room, they shouldn't need to worry about allocating space. It's the only thing holding me up on finalizing my wishlist, so it sure would be nice if it got posted soon...

(Standard disclaimer that I'm not blaming either party for the delay, more that I'm just honestly curious what the Gen Con review entails for a major, established exhibitor like Paizo.)

Normal
Small
Posted by mooreak

I'm in the same boat.  Waiting for Paizo events to be loaded so I can finalize my wishlist.  Need them to be loaded soon.  Won't have a lot of time over the weekend to work it out due to work commitments.

Normal
Small
Posted by tyrodboshi mooreak

mooreak wrote:
I'm in the same boat.  Waiting for Paizo events to be loaded so I can finalize my wishlist.  Need them to be loaded soon.  Won't have a lot of time over the weekend to work it out due to work commitments.
Agreed.. I bet  a LOT of people are not even doing the wish list due to this. As Im a big Paizo fan, I cant even pick anything until i have the paizo stuff down.. grrr.

Normal
Small
Posted by zbshadow

I'm not sure why it is taking so long. I am trying to stay positive but from the outside it really looks like gencon is dropping the ball on this year. I feel like I am gonna miss out on the events I want because of a mess I cant control which sucks.

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks zbshadow

zbshadow wrote:
I'm not sure why it is taking so long. I am trying to stay positive but from the outside it really looks like gencon is dropping the ball on this year. I feel like I am gonna miss out on the events I want because of a mess I cant control which sucks.

It looks like they loaded up to the event catalog sometime last night. Try searching for "paizo" or "pfs" and there's a ton of events listed. 

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

If you're looking for Pathfinder with a humor and a roleplaying focus, you can sign up for the Nascrag tournament.  We've been putting on tournaments at Gen Con for 39 years.

Normal
Small
Posted by koalabro2 brooks

brooks wrote:
zbshadow wrote:
I'm not sure why it is taking so long. I am trying to stay positive but from the outside it really looks like gencon is dropping the ball on this year. I feel like I am gonna miss out on the events I want because of a mess I cant control which sucks.

It looks like they loaded up to the event catalog sometime last night. Try searching for "paizo" or "pfs" and there's a ton of events listed. 

Whoo hoo! And there was much rejoicing...

Normal
Small
Posted by phalanx613

Odd that the Thursday special is 8-99, rather than 9-99.

Normal
Small
Posted by parody phalanx613

phalanx613 wrote:
Odd that the Thursday special is 8-99, rather than 9-99.

Solstice Scar has multiple variants; it changes over time, some of which is based on reporting, IIRC. You can play each one.

Normal
Small
Posted by stormforge

Is it me, or does there seem to still be a large selection of Starfinder, and to some degree, Pathfinder events still open this late in the registration process? Last year they were all hovered up so quick, but I am wondering if the 2nd edition play testing is absorbing all of the traditional players for those events? I signed up for Starfinder at Origins because I thought that I would be S' out of luck at Gencon, so I may have to sign up for some. I am very interested in that system because I spent a ton o' dough on the Starfinder Master Class Miniatures on Kickstarter.

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

Paizo mentioned that as sessions fill up they will also be adding more into the system as much as possible. You could be seeing some of this.

Normal
Small
Posted by hendelbolaf stormforge

stormforge wrote:
Is it me, or does there seem to still be a large selection of Starfinder, and to some degree, Pathfinder events still open this late in the registration process? Last year they were all hovered up so quick, but I am wondering if the 2nd edition play testing is absorbing all of the traditional players for those events? I signed up for Starfinder at Origins because I thought that I would be S' out of luck at Gencon, so I may have to sign up for some. I am very interested in that system because I spent a ton o' dough on the Starfinder Master Class Miniatures on Kickstarter.

There is almost always room in the Sagamore Ballroom for someone wanting to play a Pathfinder game. Last year was the advent of Starfinder and those few games went very quick. This year the number of Starfinder games has grown by leaps and so there is much more room to play. However, there are a lot of the specific scenarios, including the specials at night that have sold out quickly this year as well.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1