Classic WOD LARPing - Abundance of Sorrow
Normal
Small
Posted by storyweaverone

Darkness Remembered is working with Storyweaver Productions to bring our storytelling back in 2018. We are excited to once again offer a cross-genre game with Changelings, Mages, Vampires, and Werewolves. This year we are spotlighting a recent murder. See our website for details. In a game of personal horror we will make sure each character lives up the game's name through an Abundance of Sorrow.

We focus on role-play. If you like to get into character and act out the drama, you will want to give us a try. We offer a three-night experience, but if you have but one night to give we'll make it is worth your while. We prefer to work with players in advance to ensure they can have a character that suits their play style and genre preferences.

If you've never played before or played for 20 years we build on the White Wolf written continuity with our own twists to help level the playing field. Our game is not networked and players can expect a variety of power levels and interesting supernatural abilities that are approval levels in other games.

Please contact us for a great LARP experience!
Abundance of Sorrow

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust

I'd love to, but there's no option to create your own character :(

I mean, I get why (pre-gens are pretty much the rule at con games), but I've got so many memories associated with oWoD LARP (first RPGs I ever actually played) and so many character ideas that I never got to try, that I'd want to create my own.

Normal
Small
Posted by storyweaverone

You are right, we don't do straight up creation. We call our approach collaboration. In a chronicle game it is easy for STs and players to take character creation to that level of creativity. In our case, we have a three-night plot. We have concepts of what characters are needed, we start with a character template and then work with players who contact us on what tweaks to make so it becomes their own. If you walk in off the street and ask for a character we've got great pre-gens to put you straight in the action. If you work with us before the game you get to steer the ship. I've worked both last year and this with players. To us, this ensures the game stays  balanced. 

But, we also have total control over the stats sheets. We will work with players on their story, but their "points" are not previewed prior to paying with a ticket at game. This is our tool to maintain the balance in a truly cross-genre game. 

I hope you have a great time at the con. If you choose to contact us and see what we can do, maybe we'll end up meeting. 

Normal
Small
Posted by halveric

Never done LARP, but was always interested in trying. I'll check out your website tonight!

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

My daughter is a big World of Darkness fan. I'm going to pass this on to her, to see if she might enjoy a LARP.

Normal
Small
Posted by storyweaverone

Thank you @helenbb and @halveric for reading the post and a willingness to check us out and pass our game's info.

Normal
Small
Posted by kidlidar

I used to run WOD games for Mind's Eye Theater.  Even ran their games at Gen Con in the Late 90's.  I wish you luck, and might even play in your event (Go Stargazers!)

I will also take a moment to make a shameless plug for our event, the Mandalorian Gambit that is being run 2 times (1 night storyline) in the Star Wars Universe.  We ran events last 2 years and got very positive reviews.

email me if you're interested kidlidar@yahoo.com

Normal
Small
Posted by ronin357

I really want to see more Wod tabletop games run by Darkness Remembered.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.