AL 5E D&D Games - How to Sign Up?
1 3 4
1 3 4
Normal
Small
Posted by wikkedj

Looking at going to GenCon this year, haven't been there since it was in Milwaukee.  Just wondering, do you sign up to play prior to the convention or do you sign up there, at the convention?  Sounds like a blast from what I've read, but I don't want to miss out!

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

Yes. :)

So in May an event guide is published, and you can pre-buy tickets to events that guarantees your space in them (also in May).

You can also pre-buy "generic" tickets, which are worth $2 each. Any event that has open spots at convention will take "named" tickets first, then generics for any open slots.  Some events don't take named tickets at all, and only do Generics (eg: Battletech Pods).

You can also buy named tickets at con if they are still left.

Popular events fill up quickly, so it is best to be ready in May (note: you can setup a "wish list" on the site so when event registration opens you can just hit submit)

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester

When the event guide comes out look for D&D Events run by Baldman games (that's me). Well have seats for 7-8,000 people or so to play in D&D AL 5E games (all located in the JW Marriott Ballrooms). We'll also have a cool new thing at the show that we'll be announcing soon so keep an eye on our website and facebook pages as well.

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

We were at a con this weekend and my teens ended up spending 2 days playing D&D with the Adventurer's League. They would like to take their characters and play at GenCon.

How does that work? Can they bring their own characters or do they get pre-0gens at GenCon? Are the Baldman Games D&D sessions also Adventurer's League? 

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester

That is awesome. Sounds like they had a great time.

All of our D&D Games at Gen Con (that are not marked Arcanis 5E) are D&D AL approved content. So all they need to do is bring their characters, and their logs sheets they filled out with them from the previous show and they are all good to go. That is the great part of D&D AL. You can meet and play with tons of new people yet keep your character. We have Intro (level 1 and 2), Tier 1 (Level 1-4), and Tier 2 (Level 5-10) content at the show (would take almost the entire show to play it all). So just make sure they sign-up for an event that supports the level their characters are at now.

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

Thanks for the response! I just checked and they both have their log sheets. Their characters are levels 2 and 3, so I'll make sure that they sign up for the Tier 1 games. 

Appreciate the response and info!

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester

Not a problem. It is what I am here for (well until I go on vacation next week - then you're on your own). We will have a brand new Tier 1 trilogy at the show (so three - four hour adventures tied together into a story). Once done with those they would be high enough level to play in the bran new Tier 2 trilogy (so that right there is two full days of D&D at show alone).

Normal
Small
Posted by mootmacleod

@BMG Are any of the tiers newb friendly?  I haven't played D&D since the 70's and I've been wanting to jump back in. Cheers.

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester mootmacleod

mootmacleod wrote:
@BMG Are any of the tiers newb friendly?  I haven't played D&D since the 70's and I've been wanting to jump back in. Cheers.

anything that says Intro or Tier One. Choose choose and all good.

Normal
Small
Posted by cascade

@BMG
Are the XP events the same as the general listed ones?
i.e. low track is Moon 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3? or are they separate events?
It says Moonshae but doesn't list a name of the mods.

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester cascade

cascade wrote:
@BMG
Are the XP events the same as the general listed ones?
i.e. low track is Moon 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3? or are they separate events?
It says Moonshae but doesn't list a name of the mods.

XP are always new events. MOON 4 and MOON 5 trilogies. Brand new

Normal
Small
Posted by mootmacleod wavester

wavester wrote:
mootmacleod wrote:

anything that says Intro or Tier One. Choose choose and all good.
@BMG Thank you for the quick reply. I've put an Intro Session into my wish list and from what you've indicated if I want a bit of progression I could also put a Tier One event into the queue?  Thanks again.  

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

So you're saying that Moon 2 and Moon 3 won't give XP?

Which Tier One events will give XP this year?

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester helenbb

helenbb wrote:
So you're saying that Moon 2 and Moon 3 won't give XP?
Which Tier One events will give XP this year?

Sorry. Used some shorthand. All events of course give XP.  What I meant when I said XP was the D&D eXPerience program.

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

Okay, now I'm confused... what is the D&D eXPerience program?

Will people be able to level up if they play Moon 2 and 3? 

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester

We will have a big updated Gen Con landing page for more information soon. I've been buried in the Origins one all night and about to go nuts LOL.

First - all of our adventures at Gen Con are D&D Adventurers League legal adventures and follow all rules for that campaign.

Second - The DDXP (The D&D eXPerience) program is the premiere gaming experience at BMG shows. You will run through an exclusive trilogy and a special event that is only available as part of this program. You will have the same table the entire storyline and one of our highest rated DM’s as well. You will have a separate play space with a scheduled (not during game play) Fai Chen’s, and other little surprises here and there.

Third - you will level up as normal playing any event at the show. The D&D XP program is one ticket for 16 hours of playing (4 x 4 hours) for a truly mini-campaign during the show. It's pricy but many find it worth it. Or you can playing in the Moonshae Introduction, Moonshae Trilogy 2 (2-1, 2-2, or 2-3), or Moonshae Trilogy 3 (3-1, 3-2, or 3-3) and still play half the show if you want.

Normal
Small
Posted by trueoak

Will there be any official WOTC published adventures at Gencon this year or is it all created adventures by Baldman?

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester

All BMG. Its been that way a few years now. Seasons do not line up well for what we need at the show. 

On a cool note though it is the launch of a new campaign,  all adventures tie together, and you'll be seeing it at Gen Con for years to come. 

Normal
Small
Posted by mathguru83

@BMG are there any CCC content available this year? I don't see that, epics or specials in the event registration. Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by jmccabe

I'm very interested in the D&D XP program. I'm having a hard time deciding which tier to sign up for. Where can I get more info on the 2 options? Do you need any information about the Moon prior to playing in either tier?

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 3 4
1 3 4