Event catalog
Normal
Small
Posted by thewisewizard

Does anyone know when we'll be able to view the list of events for 2018?

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks

Typically a week or two before Event Registration, so probably around the very end of April.

Normal
Small
Posted by crusader77

I cant seem to find the exact date for even registration this year...could somebody enlighten me?

Normal
Small
Posted by papalorax

home page for key dates

Event Registration 
May 6 
Noon Eastern

Normal
Small
Posted by kiyote

It's also on the left-hand side of every page, right above the countdown area.

Normal
Small
Posted by crusader77

That's why I cant see it...Im at work and it blocks all images lol

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

Is anyone else excited by the probable release of the event catalog this coming week?

Normal
Small
Posted by ytuni helenbb

helenbb wrote:
Is anyone else excited by the probable release of the event catalog this coming week?
Yes! I'd guess it'll be later next week though. Event planning will be my work downtime past-time for a week or two!

Normal
Small
Posted by miked helenbb

helenbb wrote:
Just curious were you got the idea the event catalog would be released this week?  Normally it comes out a week to 10 days before event registration opens on My 6th noon edt, which is 23 days away.  Even if it’s released 10 days before event registration on the 6th that is still two weeks from now.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Gen Con just announced that the event catalog will be released on Sunday, April 22.

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb miked

miked wrote:
helenbb wrote:
Just curious were you got the idea the event catalog would be released this week?  Normally it comes out a week to 10 days before event registration opens on My 6th noon edt, which is 23 days away.  Even if it’s released 10 days before event registration on the 6th that is still two weeks from now.

Doesn't it usually come out about 2 weeks before event registration?

And lo and behold, I got an email this afternoon saying that it would be out on April 22nd, exactly 2 weeks before event registration. :D

Normal
Small
Posted by ascantla

Does everyone else have a list of games already made up that they hope are in the event list? Along with ranking by what you want to play and how many players (there are 3 of us), and who would not be interested in which game?

Normal
Small
Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? ascantla

ascantla wrote:
Does everyone else have a list of games already made up that they hope are in the event list? 

Yes, though it's a mental list of 'Games I'd Like To Try' + ''Games I'd Like To Play Again"

Normal
Small
Posted by kelticpete

Pardon my newbness, but if I am guessing correctly the event finder is not up and running until either april 22 or may 6?  ono..

I just was informed I was going to GenCon (which is AWESOME) but I have never been to any major con before. 

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

The catalog will be available on April 22.

On May 6, you will be able to submit requests for/purchase tickets for the events you desire.

Normal
Small
Posted by gluns kelticpete

kelticpete wrote:
Pardon my newbness, but if I am guessing correctly the event finder is not up and running until either april 22 or may 6?  ono..
I just was informed I was going to GenCon (which is AWESOME) but I have never been to any major con before. 
After the catalog comes online on April 22 you can add events to your wishlist. New events will keep being added even after the catalog is opened, so it may pay to check back a time or two before May 6 especially if you're missing something you were excited about.

On May 6 you can basically auto-add your whole wishlist to your cart and check out quickly (relatively speaking: I think I waited in the processing queue about 20 minutes last year).

Since it's your first major con, my personal recommendation is to be moderate in your events (maybe 1-3 events per day). There are a million awesome things to sign up for, but you'll have plenty to do wandering the exhibit hall, playing your new games, eating, and socializing (plus many other free/unscheduled things others can recommend).

Normal
Small
Posted by balthor

so, its April 22....when will the list be available?

Normal
Small
Posted by jadasc balthor

balthor wrote:
so, its April 22....when will the list be available?

You'll find it here. https://www.gencon.com/event_finder

Normal
Small
Posted by robbymac

um... that's pouring through thousands of events 'blind'...
Is there not a csv or xls file available where we can sort by age, genre, date/time, etc?
I've not received any email about such a file, nor can I find them on the website

nvmd found it: https://www.gencon.com/forums/32-events-2018/topics/13482-official-gen-con-event-finder-and-list-download-links

New Post Sign in to write a new post.