NASCRAG Team, Boulder, Colorado?
Normal
Small
Posted by bwd72

Hi Guys!

I was wondering if there was any interest from gamers (specifically ones bound for GenCon this year!) in joining up to form a NASCRAG team.  NASCRAG, for those who don't know, is a RPG tournament that has been run at GenCon since the 15th century AD or something like that (translation:  for a while now).  It has been D&D in the past but recently they run Pathfinder.  It consists of a 4ish hour round 1 game, in which teams of 6 have their own table and run through an adventure.  The emphasis is on role playing, an immersive (and usually humorous) story, and fun.  Last year I played a gunslinger named Doc Holiday, complete with cough and southern accent.  If your team is deemed "goodish enough" (their actual scoring criteria is some kind of illuminati-esque secret) then you will be invited to round 2.  

We had a great time last year, but we had to group up during "muster" because we only had 3 people.  In the end, one of us had to join a different team.  This year, we want to get a full team together (complete with logos, fight song, and mascot) and it would be nifty if we could meet up before hand and get to know each other a bit.  We live in the Boulder/Longmont area of Colorado.  

Thanks in advance!

-Brian

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

Nascrag's first adventure was run in 1980.  This will be our 39th year.

We love teams that organize in advance.  It makes things so much easier all around.

Normal
Small
Posted by jevertt

Hey Brian - How many do you have in your group? Three again?

I have either three or four in my group (not sure if one will make it, yet). Two of us played last year and it was one of our favorite events (I was the wise monk). We're not from Boulder, but are looking to group up in advance as well.

Normal
Small
Posted by felwred

I have a group of four in Broomfield that could be interested.

Fred

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman jevertt

jevertt wrote:
Hey Brian - How many do you have in your group? Three again?
I have either three or four in my group (not sure if one will make it, yet). Two of us played last year and it was one of our favorite events (I was the wise monk). We're not from Boulder, but are looking to group up in advance as well.

"Wise Monk"  That's a good one.  :-)

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

what slot are you guys playing?

Normal
Small
Posted by felwred

We’re doing Thursday night - yourselves?

Fred

Normal
Small
Posted by bwd72

We're on Friday night at 7pm.  We just picked up another couple guys so now we're just looking for two more.  And you have to love Llamas.

-Brian

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

And you have to love Llamas.

In a general sense, as in “Oh, that’s a nice llama you got there”, or in a furry sense.  We don’t judge here, but security might have issues bringing in livestock, even in Indiana...

Normal
Small
Posted by felwred

Unless you are enganged, then they are ok with it as long as it isn’t sinful in the eyes of God.

Normal
Small
Posted by bwd72

Oh, yeah, in the general sense, for sure.  I mean, I prefer alpacas myself because they don't spit, but alpacas only have one "L" and so it just doesn't quite work, you know?

New Post Sign in to write a new post.