Classic Search option
Normal
Small
Posted by hahnarama

Every year I try and look at the "Superior" search options, and every year I ask for the link to the classic search view

Thanks in advance

Normal
Small
Posted by dblade

Me too.

Normal
Small
Posted by eldrad12000

Me as well. I liked the old search, isn't there a link to allow us to use that version?

Normal
Small
Posted by freebiegrabber

Ditto.

Normal
Small
Posted by cigarpete

Why does GenCon keep trying to use a barely functional search? seems pretty basic stuff when dealing with an event catalog with thousands of entries.

Normal
Small
Posted by timjs21

Can anyone official please let us know if the Classic Search Engine is available??  I find it to be, by far, the best way to find events.  It seems that others do as well.

Normal
Small
Posted by funny-shaped dice

Please.

Normal
Small
Posted by timjs21

Can Derek or someone from GenCon please update us on this?  If you aren't going to make the classic search engine available it would be nice to hear it officially.  Thank you.

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

Good lord, the new search option is terrible.  Please bring back the old version!

Normal
Small
Posted by ang_adj

Agreed. The current search function doesn't really function at all. I can't sort by event type, day, etc. I don't think that making the classic method available is an unreasonable request. Why make the process more difficult than it needs to be?

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

You guys do know that if you click on the red square to the left of the search box, it brings up more search options, right? 

Although why they're not in the 'advanced search' box, I do not know.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust helenbb

helenbb wrote:
You guys do know that if you click on the red square to the left of the search box, it brings up more search options, right? 
Although why theyr'e not in the 'advanced search' box, I do not know.

They could have made the purpose of that box a lot clearer. I don't know WHAT that symbol in it is supposed to mean.

Normal
Small
Posted by jamster2022 father bloodlust

father bloodlust wrote:
helenbb wrote:

They could have made the purpose of that box a lot clearer. I don't know WHAT that symbol in it is supposed to mean.
I think it's a funnel--the same symbol used in Excel's "sort & filter" function.

Normal
Small
Posted by nscott

One of the few times being a chemist pays off...yes its a filter funnel.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust jamster2022

jamster2022 wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:
helenbb wrote:

I think it's a funnel--the same symbol used in Excel's "sort & filter" function.
Ah. I know very little about Excel, so I had no idea.

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer timjs21

timjs21 wrote:
Can Derek or someone from GenCon please update us on this?  If you aren't going to make the classic search engine available it would be nice to hear it officially.  Thank you.

Classic Event Search Interface is no longer available.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by rayken mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
timjs21 wrote:

Classic Event Search Interface is no longer available.Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC
This is really unfortunate!  The new interface has never worked quite as well as the old one :(

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

If there are specific features you miss, let us know so we can try to work them in down the road - we're always trying to improve stuff as much as we can each year.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by timjs21 derekguder

derekguder wrote:
If there are specific features you miss, let us know so we can try to work them in down the road - we're always trying to improve stuff as much as we can each year.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
For me it would be most helpful if after doing an advanced search I was given the ability to sort my results by any column.  Currently it puts the results in alphabetical order and that is the only way to view them.

Thank you!

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Gotcha - that's something we definitely want to be able to enable eventually :)

In the meantime, don't forget that you can do that if you grab the downloadable spreadsheet instead.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Sign in to write a new post. New Post