New Event Catalog
Normal
Small
Posted by leahcim

Buggy new catalog.

I filter my search and it tells me there are 533 events for "Dungeons & Dragons." I click OK to apply that filter and... my filtered list is empty.

Normal
Small
Posted by administrator

We're aware of this issue and are working to fix it right now. The Event Finder is having trouble filtering on values with ampersands.

In the meantime you can find D&D RPGs with this search: https://www.gencon.com/event_finder?search=dungeon+dragon&category=Role+Playing+Game

Normal
Small
Posted by leahcim

Also, the game filter seems to stop at Super Mario Level Up! Looking at the Excel list of games, I see plenty beyond that one in the alphabet, such as Tales from the Loop.

Normal
Small
Posted by administrator

Thanks for letting us know. We'll get that fixed as well.

Normal
Small
Posted by venthrac

Seeing the same issue when I filter for "Song of Ice & Fire" which shows (11) next to the game category, but the search window won't display any of them.

Normal
Small
Posted by [email protected]

Hey, do we know when anything is being added for the Writers Symposium?

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

See above about ampersands "&". A fix for one game system should work for all. 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Normal
Small
Posted by aj_simon

I’m wondering how to find the events for the Writers Symposium.  Thanks for any help. 

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

Those, along with puppet and cosplay and anime, and Wednesday events, are not yet active in the system.  Hopefully soon.

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Normal
Small
Posted by felwred

It appears That some events that were approved before the early submission deadline aren’t appearing. Is there an ETA for the rest of approved events to go live? Mine was “Land of Og” but isn’t displaying yet. Thank you.

fred

Normal
Small
Posted by administrator

The issue with filtering on values containing ampersands has been fixed.

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer felwred

felwred wrote:
It appears That some events that were approved before the early submission deadline aren’t appearing. Is there an ETA for the rest of approved events to go live? Mine was “Land of Og” but isn’t displaying yet. Thank you.
fred

Land of Og is not approved yet. Listed as "Submitted for Review". Please contact [email protected] if you thought it was.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by johnnyquest administrator

administrator wrote:
We're aware of this issue and are working to fix it right now. The Event Finder is having trouble filtering on values with ampersands.
In the meantime you can find D&D RPGs with this search: https://www.gencon.com/event_finder?search=dungeon+dragon&category=Role+Playing+Game

The Search Options are broken. When you apply any of them, all events disappear.

Normal
Small
Posted by hahnarama

It kills me to sound so negative but once again its a not ready for Prime Time event release Sunday. Even last years archaic search was better than this. 

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick johnnyquest

johnnyquest wrote:
administrator wrote:

The Search Options are broken. When you apply any of them, all events disappear.

According to Gen Con IT, the filter issue is fixed. 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Normal
Small
Posted by crusader77

I am assuming this event catalog is not an all inclusive list. There seem to be many events that are normally here every year on the first day, and there's nothing showing. So when is this supposed to be updated?

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick crusader77

crusader77 wrote:
I am assuming this event catalog is not an all inclusive list. There seem to be many events that are normally here every year on the first day, and there's nothing showing. So when is this supposed to be updated?

Do you mean these, from my message about 4 hours ago?: 

"Those, along with puppet and cosplay and anime, and Wednesday events, are not yet active in the system.  Hopefully soon."

​​​​​​​Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
felwred wrote:
fred

Land of Og is not approved yet. Listed as "Submitted for Review". Please contact [email protected] if you thought it was.Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

To be clear, those events were submitted after the regular event submission deadline, and as such, we handle them after we review and place all on time submitted events, and as time and space allows.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by dlawson72

the events are not showing up for me at all

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick dlawson72

dlawson72 wrote:
the events are not showing up for me at all

Hi, I'm sending you a PM to try to get to the problem. 

(go to your Name (UserID) in the menu bar, click on "My Messages" in the Drop Down list)

Sign in to write a new post. New Post