High Programmer searchable event catalog availabe
Normal
Small
Posted by chaos

I've updated the High Programmer site with the newest event catalog: http://gencon.highprogrammer.com/gencon-2018.cgi/

It should update automatically for 2018 going forward.

The High Programmer site is an unofficial mirror of the event catalog with what I hope are some useful features.

You can browse by:

I do a bit of cleaning on the data to try and fix common typos and to give game systems common names.

But perhaps most usefully, there is a powerful searching system.

Have a slot in your schedule between 1:00 and 4:00 on Thursday, and you'd like to play an RPG or LARP where the rules will be taught? You can find those!

You really wanted to play that RPG you've been hearing about, but you only remember that it had "world" in the name? You can find all RPGs with "world" in their name!

• Options for searching are:
  • How many tickets are available
  • Event starts on or after a particular time
  • Event finished by a particular time
  • The game system
  • The event title
  • The GM/host
  • The host group
  • Minimum and maximum age requirements
  • Minimum and maximum experience requirements
  • Categories

Normal
Small
Posted by triad1

Awesome!  Love your site man.  Every year it's the first thing I hit up and use it off and on throughout.  Great resource!  I also like to check out events and info from past years as well for ideas on running new events.  Keep up the good work!

Normal
Small
Posted by hodge1818

This will be my first year going but I'm enjoying your catalog to help me get started.  Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by ang_adj

Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing this. *So* much nicer search functionality. Greatly appreciated!!  :)

Normal
Small
Posted by alans chaos

chaos wrote:
I've updated the High Programmer site with the newest event catalog: http://gencon.highprogrammer.com/gencon-2018.cgi/
It should update automatically for 2018 going forward.
The High Programmer site is an unofficial mirror of the event catalog with what I hope are some useful features.
You can browse by:

I do a bit of cleaning on the data to try and fix common typos and to give game systems common names.But perhaps most usefully, there is a powerful searching system.
Have a slot in your schedule between 1:00 and 4:00 on Thursday, and you'd like to play an RPG or LARP where the rules will be taught? You can find those!
You really wanted to play that RPG you've been hearing about, but you only remember that it had "world" in the name? You can find all RPGs with "world" in their name!

• Options for searching are:
  • How many tickets are available
  • Event starts on or after a particular time
  • Event finished by a particular time
  • The game system
  • The event title
  • The GM/host
  • The host group
  • Minimum and maximum age requirements
  • Minimum and maximum experience requirements
  • Categories

Alan you are the best!

Normal
Small
Posted by chaos

Thanks! It's good to know that people find it useful!

Normal
Small
Posted by petebob

This is pretty nice.  Appreciate it.

Normal
Small
Posted by kidlidar

Have to say that I love what you did.  Being able to search by Game system is very helpful.

Normal
Small
Posted by freebiegrabber

On behalf of myself and ~60,000 others -- THANK YOU!

Where's the feature that automatically redirects $1 per searched-and-booked event -- from GenCon to YOU -- as payment for your absolutely valuable and necessary service?  ;-)

Normal
Small
Posted by stahlnee

Can you add the ability to search on ticket type Electronic or Paper?

Normal
Small
Posted by chaos

I'm working from the spreadsheet dumps Gen Con releases, and unless I'm missing something, it doesn't include information about which ones support electronic ticketing.

Normal
Small
Posted by stahlnee

It does not.

Was not sure if you were pulling from that or had a way to consume individual event pages and build the database.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.