Event Catalog Live - What's all missing?
Normal
Small
Posted by impulse411 yog-sothoth in jersey

yog-sothoth in jersey wrote:
I’m really surprised by all the complaints here.  The GC crew can only process the events if they come in on time.  They literally are processing over 10k events.  I’d love to see the events which haven’t been posted yet, but that is the fault of the event submitters (I’m looking at you Magic the Gathering).
Also, I think the search engine is fine.  But I also use highprogrammer or that other one (forget the name) to help supplement if I need to. 
GenCon is a massive undertaking.  I’m frankly impressed at how well GC handles it all. 

Just wanted to echo your sentiment and say that no ill will was ever meant by initial question regarding the schedule.  Just 2nd timer here trying to figure life out. :)  Definitely know this is not a small feat to get all these events/distributors/etc to Indianapolis and all setup.  

All that being said, really looking forward to GenCon and just don't want to miss out on anything. :)  Next to impossible with 13,000+ events (and likely another 2,000-3,000 comparing numbers from last year to this year), so just waiting to see the whole, big picture.  Hopefully before registration is due, but if not - will be patient. :)  Thanks for keeping the focus positive though!

Normal
Small
Posted by koalabro2 yog-sothoth in jersey

yog-sothoth in jersey wrote:
I’m really surprised by all the complaints here.  The GC crew can only process the events if they come in on time.  They literally are processing over 10k events.  I’d love to see the events which haven’t been posted yet, but that is the fault of the event submitters (I’m looking at you Magic the Gathering).
Also, I think the search engine is fine.  But I also use highprogrammer or that other one (forget the name) to help supplement if I need to. 
GenCon is a massive undertaking.  I’m frankly impressed at how well GC handles it all. 

Absolutely, if anything that I said sounded like a complaint, allow me to state for the record that I totally don't blame GC at all for late events. And I think the fact that they provide the raw data to allow others to build their own search tools (or just download into Excel) is really fantastic.

That being said, boy is event registration going to be a mess if Paizo doesn't get their events posted soon...

Normal
Small
Posted by yog-sothoth in jersey

I really need GenCon to be about 2 weeks long so I can get to everything I want to do!

Normal
Small
Posted by campbellk88

I wish there was a way to sort events by 'recently added'...

Normal
Small
Posted by nscott

If you use http://gencon.eventdb.us there is a changes tool at the top which will show the recently added or cancelled events.

Normal
Small
Posted by yog-sothoth in jersey nscott

nscott wrote:
If you use http://gencon.eventdb.us there is a changes tool at the top which will show the recently added or cancelled events.

I want to endorse the website nscott references above.  Their "changes" function is extremely useful.  I check it every day, even after the Event Registration happens.  

Highprogrammer also has a function you can use to search for events added after a particular date.  But nscott's link is better. 

Normal
Small
Posted by zbshadow

So far it seems like a lot of MTG(not unusual for them to be late to the event list), Pathfinder, Starfinder, Ascension, Pokemon, The video game section, and several other events seem to be missing. I really feel like a lot of the corner stones of the events are missing from the event list. I'm not looking to point blame but I am interested if those events will show up in time before May 6th? 

I would hate to see event registration start without many of the popular events in the list of available events. I hope to see this all get sorted out and will be delaying my event searching as long as possible in hopes these events all make it to the schedule.

Normal
Small
Posted by jpederso

I was surprised not to find any Valiant (RPG).  A very fun experience in the past.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.