What if you want one session of an event that runs several times?
Normal
Small
Posted by synonymous

There are a few games that I expect will be high demand, and run several times during the con. I want to put all of their sessions in my wish list to maximize my chance of getting in, but I only want to play once. Is there a way to set that up in your wish list?

Thanks

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

You'll have an option to remove any tickets from your cart before you check out; so, if you get tickets for two events, and you only want one, you can rmove those tickets from your cart before you check out.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by synonymous

Thank you

Normal
Small
Posted by gregdc

Thanks for the info.  This seems a little unfair to people behind you in wishlist processing.   You may get tickets to three of the events, but only want one of them.  However, you have taken up two tickets and shut others out until you process your wishlist.   

With as many people and events as GenCon has, I have no better way to solve this.  I just have to buy a lot of gen-tickets.  

Normal
Small
Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? gregdc

gregdc wrote:
 ... This seems a little unfair to people behind you in wishlist processing.   You may get tickets to three of the events, but only want one of them.  However, you have taken up two tickets and shut others out until you process your wishlist.   

That's why it's worth re-submitting your wishlist a few extra times (after you've bought whichever tickets you want from the previous time)
There's a lot of churn in the first few hours of event registration, as people are assigned tickets, then decide not to get them, or get them & return them, or just plain forget about the time limit on wishlisted tickets & have them expire.

Normal
Small
Posted by triad1 gregdc

gregdc wrote:
Thanks for the info.  This seems a little unfair to people behind you in wishlist processing.   You may get tickets to three of the events, but only want one of them.  However, you have taken up two tickets and shut others out until you process your wishlist.   
With as many people and events as GenCon has, I have no better way to solve this.  I just have to buy a lot of gen-tickets.  
Actually it's not that unfair.  It just means that they have less slots open for other high demand games.  Also, this gives a chance for others, further down the list, to have a shot at landing a high demand event when they get in after check out.  So there's actually a strange balance happening.  

For whatever reason, I've noticed that my wish list process has gone rather reasonably the last couple of years since it has been updated to the current method -- and I've been pretty far down the queue usually.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.