Book signing and Author talks
Normal
Small
Posted by joehelfrich

My wife is very interested in meeting one of her favorite authors at Gen Con  in fact it’s 90% of the reason she’s even going.  I don’t want to inadvertently schedule something during the time in which the author will be signing books  and as I remember last year you had to have tickets to meet the author so they can sign your book. Does anybody know how to buy tickets for that? I’m not for sure what to look under. Also do the authors give talks and can I search for that under the events?

Normal
Small
Posted by jdery13

It doesn't look like the Writer's Symposium events are in the catalog yet, but if I recall correctly, that's who was marked as the "host" for the author panels and signings in the event system. They have their own website, genconwriters.com, that will also probably have the schedule once it's available.

Also, most of the Writer's Symposium panels and signings are free (they are still ticketed for space/time reasons, and some "premier" events on their schedule do have a cost), as long as you have a Gen Con badge.

TL;DR: The same way you get tickets for anything else through the events system, but it doesn't look like the events are there yet :)

Hope this helps :)

Normal
Small
Posted by jedikitty

Who is it that she's so excited to see, if you'll forgive my curiosity? I'm a bookworm and wondering if it's an author I may be interested in, as well. :) I didn't know the authors had been announced yet.

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks jedikitty

jedikitty wrote:
Who is it that she's so excited to see, if you'll forgive my curiosity? I'm a bookworm and wondering if it's an author I may be interested in, as well. :) I didn't know the authors had been announced yet.

http://files.gencon.com/2018.AttendingAuthors.pdf

Normal
Small
Posted by joehelfrich jedikitty

jedikitty wrote:
Ann Bishop and others. 

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Just to restate if you haven't seen it, the Writer's Symposium events are live in the system now.  Great stuff there!

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.