Great Event Hosts
Normal
Small
Posted by yog-sothoth in jersey

It has been my experience that some of the best events I have been to are run be certain specific gaming groups or organizations.  I'm curious about your past great and not so great experiences. Here has been my experience - 

• Baldman Games does a really good job of running their D&D events.  Once in a while you can get a DM who isn't all that good, but most of the time they have been spectacular. 
  • The Novus Ordo Seclorum people are usually top notch.  Their Cthulhu events are over the top. 
  • The Rogue Judges board game guys are good.

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

I am biased, but Catalyst Game Labs does really well for their gaming (Shadowrun + Battletech).  (Disclaimer: I am one of their demo agents [GM])

We run stuff all weekend long (other than midnight-9am) accommodating all skill levels, and providing clarity for any rules questions people have in their home games.

We run story events, melee events, beginner events, and a few other special events (Bloodname, Masts & Minions).

Honestly it is a well oiled machine, and all the GMs are awesome.

Normal
Small
Posted by jpederso

The GMs for Goodman Games: Dungeon Crawl Classics, Mutant Crawl Classics were not only organized but a lot of fun.   Definitely a highlight of last year

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

There's also the list of Premier Event Groups. Lots of passionate GMs running great, well-attended events in that list, too.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.