Wish list Priority
Normal
Small
Posted by nuaragonis

I am not understanding how the priority list is going to work. I have a big group of people on my account, will their event choice be effected because of the priority list? Some of them want to go to events by themselves, others want to go as a group to others, will the priority list screw some out of not getting a ticket?

Normal
Small
Posted by selene314

You cannot buy tickets for multiple events at the same time. The priority system lets you put overlapping events on your wishlist and indicate what order to try to get them. If your top priority is sold out, you end up with something else in that time slot. 

if your group wants to go all-or-none to an event, you should friend each other and have (at least) one person put tickets for everybody on their wishlist. When you buy tickets for your friends, there is a checkbox for "Only get selected tickets if ALL selected are available."

You can mess up your friends' schedules if you buy tickets for them at a time when they would rather play something else.

Normal
Small
Posted by nuaragonis

So what your saying is that even though I may be going to an event at 10am and my friend is going to a different event at 10am it wont let us because of the priority system.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Your wish list is simply a list of events you want to get tickets to, listed in order of how much you want them. The system will process your list in order, so put the events you want the most at the top, followed by secondary and then tertiary (etc.) backups.

Conflicts are only per-account, so if you add an event for a friend to your wish list and you have a different event a the same time, nothing will prevent that - it'll only be blocked if your friend has another event at that time already.

If you have tickets for a few different people in your wish list, the priority order only really matters relative to other events for that same person in your list.

To reiterate the process, when your position comes up in the queue, the system will process your entire wish list (in order) and then it will move on to the next person in the queue. When it processes your wish list, it starts at the top and works it's way down, checking to see whether the tickets you want are available and whether they conflict with anything you already have. If everything is good, it adds the tickets to your cart. If tickets aren't available, it obviously can't add them and if you have a conflict event in your account or cart already, then it skips the event since you're already booked.

Does that make sense?

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by nuaragonis

Yes. Thank you for the info.

Normal
Small
Posted by mdrannor

This is my first time and I really want to do at least one True Dungeon run with my son. What's the best way to do that? I'm considering putting several True Dungeon runs on my wish list at similar time slots assuming that these will sell out fast and I'll be lucky to get one.  However, I also don't want to cause a problem by "hogging" all the event requests around that time slot.  

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

You'll want to list the slots you're willing to play in and if they overlap, you'll only get the one that you put at the highest priority.

If they don't overlap and you get multiple sessions, you'll just want to decide pretty quickly which ones you don't want and drop them from your cart.

There's not much way to avoid that - and that's how sometimes folks down the queue will luck out. Lots of folks also drop their carts or revise their plans later in the day or on Monday, so it's always good to double-check games again then, too.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by koalabro2 mdrannor

mdrannor wrote:
This is my first time and I really want to do at least one True Dungeon run with my son. What's the best way to do that? I'm considering putting several True Dungeon runs on my wish list at similar time slots assuming that these will sell out fast and I'll be lucky to get one.  However, I also don't want to cause a problem by "hogging" all the event requests around that time slot.  

Don't worry, because the system won't let you book conflicting events, you won't hog anything as long as all the slots on your wishlist overlap with each other. E.g., 11:00, 11:05, and 11:10 start times would all overlap, so the system will book you only once into the first slot with space.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.