Arcade Game Room?
Normal
Small
Posted by ryric

I think some people are conflating two things: there is the arcade room, which uses tickets and has consoles, and there are the old style arcade games in the hallway to Lucas Oil, which run off quarters.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Ok all, here's some clarification.  We've got 3 "electronic gaming" rooms in a row.

Room 134 is the Arcade Cabinet room.  This is the same room we had last year, though I think it was in 139 or 140?  It's a room with stand up arcade cabinet machines mostly from the 80s and 90s, but the Killer Queen cabinet is back.  In the room, those machines are set on freeplay, and there's a set cost per hour.  Those events are NOT in the system yet.  I'm working with the gentleman now on getting those submitted.  He's the same gentleman that places the coin op arcade cabinets in the hallway.

Room 135 is the Classic Console room.  Those events are in the system.  It's a similar model as the previous room, but with consoles like Playstations, Nintendo, and Genesis machines.  It's freeplay for a certain amount of time, and some tournaments, and those are in the system now.

Room 136 is the Bridge Simulator room.  Those events are in the system now, and you buy a ticket for a specific event; if you haven't played bridge simulators, it's a group of people each at a "helm" on a bridge, and one commander.  Each of you is in charge of a certain area, like communications, or weapons, and you have to work together on varying scenarios.  If you're interested, they'll have a free demo bridge in the front you can try out.

Also we have the Battletech pods returning.

Unfortunately, this is most of the videogaming at the show. We're very retro this year.  Our normal contractor pulled out too late for us to find a suitable replacement.  I hope ya'll enjoy the classic offerings. :)

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con  LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

Ooooh okay.  That's good clarification.  The Arcade Cabinet room is the thing I am looking for so I'll just wait until that gets into the system.

Normal
Small
Posted by garhkal marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Ok all, here's some clarification.  We've got 3 "electronic gaming" rooms in a row.
Room 134 is the Arcade Cabinet room.  This is the same room we had last year, though I think it was in 139 or 140?  It's a room with stand up arcade cabinet machines mostly from the 80s and 90s, but the Killer Queen cabinet is back.  In the room, those machines are set on freeplay, and there's a set cost per hour.  Those events are NOT in the system yet.  I'm working with the gentleman now on getting those submitted.  He's the same gentleman that places the coin op arcade cabinets in the hallway.
Room 135 is the Classic Console room.  Those events are in the system.  It's a similar model as the previous room, but with consoles like Playstations, Nintendo, and Genesis machines.  It's freeplay for a certain amount of time, and some tournaments, and those are in the system now.
Room 136 is the Bridge Simulator room.  Those events are in the system now, and you buy a ticket for a specific event; if you haven't played bridge simulators, it's a group of people each at a "helm" on a bridge, and one commander.  Each of you is in charge of a certain area, like communications, or weapons, and you have to work together on varying scenarios.  If you're interested, they'll have a free demo bridge in the front you can try out.
Also we have the Battletech pods returning.
Unfortunately, this is most of the videogaming at the show. We're very retro this year.  Our normal contractor pulled out too late for us to find a suitable replacement.  I hope ya'll enjoy the classic offerings. :)
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con  LLC

Do you by chance have a listing of what arcade games that will be in each room?

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

I do not, sorry.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con  LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.