Event Time Conflict
Normal
Small
Posted by cosmicchaos

I like to get a group ticket for the Train Gamers Association called the Puffing Billy Ribbon.  Its only downside is it forces me to not have any other event tickets on the Thursday of Gencon.  I do play mostly Train Games at Gencon, but I also like to throw in one other kind of came during each day.  Something difficult to do on Thursdays, because of the Event ticket time conflict. 

I would like to do an event with all my family members on that Thursday.  But I can't do that with the schedule conflict.  Does anyone have suggestions?

Normal
Small
Posted by del_grande cosmicchaos

cosmicchaos wrote:
I like to get a group ticket for the Train Gamers Association called the Puffing Billy Ribbon.  Its only downside is it forces me to not have any other event tickets on the Thursday of Gencon.  I do play mostly Train Games at Gencon, but I also like to throw in one other kind of came during each day.  Something difficult to do on Thursdays, because of the Event ticket time conflict. 
I would like to do an event with all my family members on that Thursday.  But I can't do that with the schedule conflict.  Does anyone have suggestions?

That doesn't make any sense.  A Puffing Billy Ribbon should just mean that you don't have to buy separate event tickets for its events - not that you're locked into the entire timeslot.  Also, I think it applies to the entire weekend, and not just Thursday, even though the timeslot may just say Thursday (this could be a restriction by the registration system).

I don't think the Event Registration system is going to lock you out of other Thursday events just because you have a Puffing Billy Ribbon as well.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Some events have conflicts disabled, for a variety of reasons - like here, where the ribbon isn't really an event per se - it gives you access to other events.

If you see an event that you think shouldn't block out your schedule, you can contact the event organizer to confirm - or you can simply put it at the bottom of your wish list so that it's processed last.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke derekguder

derekguder wrote:Some events have conflicts disabled, for a variety of reasons - like here, where the ribbon isn't really an event per se - it gives you access to other events.

It'd be helpful if the event catalog indicated which events don't cause conflicts.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Normal
Small
Posted by stahlnee

I asked that last year and it was posted along the lines of that there are no plans to provide that info.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder austicke

austicke wrote:
derekguder wrote:Some events have conflicts disabled, for a variety of reasons - like here, where the ribbon isn't really an event per se - it gives you access to other events.

It'd be helpful if the event catalog indicated which events don't cause conflicts._____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Generally, it's most tournaments and the handful of ribbon events, so it's few enough events that it's pretty low priority, to be honest.

Assume all events conflict unless explicitly confirmed otherwise and put them at the bottom of your priority list, just in case.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by cosmicchaos

The Puffing Billy Ribbon has caused scheduling problems for many previous years of attending Gencon.  I haven't tried to schedule tickets at the same time this year as the 10 hour period specified by the ribbon.  I never understood why this ribbon had such a long time frame attached to it, especially since it has triggered conflicts.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.