True Dungeon or other Etickets will not show up on your MY PACKETS page.
Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Since we're getting a lot of questions about this, let me make a post that people can quickly reference, stolen from Customer Service:

Some events like True Dungeon have electronic tickets this year. 
You will see these tickets on your "My Transactions" page and on your Homepage, but they will not appear on your "My Packets" page as they are not part of a packet that is picked up at Will Call or mailed to you.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by jeannette

We also have an E-Ticket FAQ on our website, lots of info there. Check it out ...

https://www.gencon.com/attend/e-ticketing

Jeannette LeGault
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

Question: can I allocate tickets?

I bought 4 'tickets for me' for True Dungeon, but they are for my whole family. If we're not all arriving at the same time (1 person may come 10 minutes early, another 5 minutes late, etc,.) can we all check in separately? If we are all required to wait for each other, if there a way for us to allocate the tickets individually, rather than the precarious drop-and-scoop method?

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin helenbb

helenbb wrote:
I bought 4 'tickets for me' for True Dungeon, but they are for my whole family. If we're not all arriving at the same time (1 person may come 10 minutes early, another 5 minutes late, etc,.) can we all check in separately? If we are all required to wait for each other, if there a way for us to allocate the tickets individually, rather than the precarious drop-and-scoop method?

What will happen is that you, as ticket holder, will have your badge scanned for your ticket, and then for each additional ticket, your badge will be scanned and then the ticket holder will be.  This can happen at different times, so they can come in sporadically, but I think it's more efficient to just wait till they are all there.  There is now, no way to allocate individually.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by stahlnee

How early (far in advanced) can badges be scanned for TD event e-tickets?

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
helenbb wrote:

What will happen is that you, as ticket holder, will have your badge scanned for your ticket, and then for each additional ticket, your badge will be scanned and then the ticket holder will be.  This can happen at different times, so they can come in sporadically, but I think it's more efficient to just wait till they are all there.  There is now, no way to allocate individually.Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Okay, that's interesting, because I was reading through the FAQ that this was going to be implemented...? Are you saying that this implementation now won't be happening?

From https://www.gencon.com/attend/e-ticketing

How can I give E-Tickets to friends?
In your Gen Con account, you will be able to give individual E-Tickets to anyone on your Friends list. (Not implemented yet, so details TBD)

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

I'm not saying there might not be a way in the future to give tickets to friends.  but as of right now, there is no way to transfer those tickets.  As you see, the FAQ says it is not yet implemented.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

OK, thanks. My bad in assuming that the implementation would be before August.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin helenbb

helenbb wrote:
OK, thanks. My bad in assuming that the implementation would be before August.

I hope it will be, but I have no timeline for when that will be implemented.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by cosmicchaos

How do I handle a ticket exchange for True Dungeon.  I bought a ticket for True Dungeon for me, but under my husband's name due to an another ticket time conflict, but there is no actual real time conflict.  How do I put the ticket in my name so that I can play and not my husband?  My conflict is the Puffing Billy Ribbon that annoyingly blocks all Thursday events being registered in my name.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

1.  Ability to transfer tickets will be implemented, but is not yet.

2.  I just confirmed that your Puffing Billy Ribbon is specifically set to NOT conflict with any other Thursday events.  Can you verify that this is an issue for you?

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by cosmicchaos

I admit I didn't try to put it under my name during the Puffing Billy Ribbon time period, since when I asked a related question last week on this forum about the Puffing Billy Ribbon conflict risk no one could assure me that there would be no problem.  Since True Dungeon tickets are difficult to find an available group of four tickets, I didn't want to risk the conflict causing a delay and losing the tickets.

Normal
Small
Posted by boc_mage

So far i've seen several negatives and no real value to me as the consumer of these e tickets. As someone who regularly buys and organizes several full True Dungeon runs every year this is going to cause headaches. Really wish we knew details fully before event registration. 

Very much prefer the ability to meet up with folks before the event hand them their ticket to the run. That way if they don't show it's on them. Now as organizer i've got to stand around check in and further act as herd guide for my group due to having to scan my badge every time.

Why couldn't this have been optional till we the players/con attendees (the ones who actually have to live with this idiotic system) have real assurance it's going to work as attendee. There are always headaches involved with rollout, better to have paper backup in place and this as a option to encourage faith from GM's to regular attendees that this is of value.

I won't play hypocrite and say i'm not coming to Gen Con but this is yet another factor leading me to look at others as of now. Thankfully True Dungeon does run at other cons and Gen Con isn't 'essential' as a TD player anymore.

Normal
Small
Posted by stahlnee boc_mage

<p>

boc_mage wrote: So far i&#39;ve seen several negatives and no real value to me as the consumer of these e tickets. As someone who regularly buys and organizes several full True Dungeon runs every year this is going to cause headaches. Really wish we knew details fully before event registration.  Very much prefer the ability to meet up with folks before the event hand them their ticket to the run. That way if they don&#39;t show it&#39;s on them. Now as organizer i&#39;ve got to stand around check in and further act as herd guide for my group due to having to scan my badge every time. Why couldn&#39;t this have been optional till we the players/con attendees (the ones who actually have to live with this idiotic system) have real assurance it&#39;s going to work as attendee. There are always headaches involved with rollout, better to have paper backup in place and this as a option to encourage faith from GM&#39;s to regular attendees that this is of value. I won&#39;t play hypocrite and say i&#39;m not coming to Gen Con but this is yet another factor leading me to look at others as of now. Thankfully True Dungeon does run at other cons and Gen Con isn&#39;t &#39;essential&#39; as a TD player anymore.
The ride is over but it has been a good ride while GenCon was Epic Level Gaming for True Dungeon.

Normal
Small
Posted by jmlawson

Trying to run the largest event at the Con which has precise timing requirements with a new and untested system is just begging for a disaster of epic proportions 

Normal
Small
Posted by brmortensen

This system does not support the way True Dungeon works. We’ve had a system in place for a decade and a half that accommodates no-shows, trading, and a variety of other issues. To implement a system without regard to the unique requirements of an event on track to generate over a half-million in ticket sales is, IMO, the epitome of hubris.

From the other players I’ve spoken with, that the majority of veteran TD players are incensed with this system. Fix it to work the way we need it to, or let us out of it. Do. Not. Want.

Normal
Small
Posted by stahlnee jmlawson

jmlawson wrote:
Trying to run the largest event at the Con which has precise timing requirements with a new and untested system is just begging for a disaster of epic proportions 

Trying to run the largest event at the Con which has precise timing requirements with a new and untested system is just begging for a disaster of Epic Level Gaming proportions 

Normal
Small
Posted by felwred

Please talk with Jeff in detail about how this impacts True Dungeon. The electronic ticket system, as described, will cause massive logistics problems. It is common for one person to buy tickets for several friends and do the run together. Often, people run late. Because event coaching begins half an hour before the run, you delay everyone from starting prep rather than just the late person (because the buyer has to wait outside for the late person.) Normally, we could get everyone set up and have everything waiting for the late person and get their tokens, etc checked in 5 minutes or so (just saving them for last.) Now, we can have 5 or more people coming in at the last minute. That sets up the first room running late. Within half a day, 10 people running late spread theoughout the day (out of several hundred) means entire runs won’t happen because we’ll have lapped where the late run is now behind the regularly scheduled runs.

A solution has to allow for player pre-check or similar to avoid people waiting outside just because the primary ticket holder or holders are running late (normally, we meet after will-call and distribute tickets.)

Please work to resolve this issue or we will end up with a terrible TD event (resulting in losing volunteers threatening the viability of TD at this scale and scope.)

When I heard this was going live without being tested, I was floored. You took the most complex GenCon event and potentially crashed it on a ticketing system you still don’t have working at even an Alpha level (if it were, we could transfer tickets right now and we can’t).

Please pick a simpler test audience, run testing for 2018, then fix it and implement a fully fleshed out system once it runs smoothly.

Fred

Normal
Small
Posted by jmlawson

I'll just say what I say at check out at the Grocery Store.  Paper please.

Normal
Small
Posted by stahlnee felwred

felwred wrote:
A solution has to allow for player pre-check or similar to avoid people waiting outside just because the primary ticket holder or holders are running late (normally, we meet after will-call and distribute tickets.)
Please work to resolve this issue or we will end up with a terrible TD event (resulting in losing volunteers threatening the viability of TD at this scale and scope.)

Without checkin for any event during the day at the beginning of the day, the number of players will be 4x+ in the checkin area since they will be showing up much earlier than 10 minutes early. This may clog up the area, the passage area and the hallways down into the meeting rooms.

As an attendee it is not my problem it is a GenCon and TD problem to solve.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post