True Dungeon or other Etickets will not show up on your MY PACKETS page.
Normal
Small
Posted by yhfung

there may also be the case that the primary ticket holder may have back-to-back runs or partially overlapping runs prior (which is allowable by TD); under the e-ticketing system, the second run will be forced to be late until the primary holder arrives, whereas with paper tickets the primary holder could distribute tickets, pick up their own ticket earlier, and inform the group that they would arrive late but prepared while the coach can process the remainder of the group.  how are players in this situation to respond with the e-ticketing system?

Normal
Small
Posted by picc

As a software designer I can't stress enough how bad an idea it is to go live with untested/not yet fully developed software with one of your largest most complex client. Its begging for disaster. I understand there is probably a strong desire within gencon to launch the new system but please don't jump the gun and turn your audience against the product before it is even out the door. Software development always takes longer then you think and will have hiccups at launch. An event with timings as tight and prices as high as true dungeon isn't the place to work them out. Please reconsider until the system is fully developed and proven to be able to handle all the permutations of an event like TD.

Normal
Small
Posted by snakeeyes0217 picc

picc wrote:
As a software designer I can't stress enough how bad an idea it is to go live with untested/not yet fully developed software with one of your largest most complex client. Its begging for disaster. I understand there is probably a strong desire within gencon to launch the new system but please don't jump the gun and turn your audience against the product before it is even out the door. Software development always takes longer then you think and will have hiccups at launch. An event with timings as tight and prices as high as true dungeon isn't the place to work them out. Please reconsider until the system is fully developed and proven to be able to handle all the permutations of an event like TD.

I can't agree more. Has this been resolved?

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster

As has been asked and not asked on several different threads, the plan is allow the transfer of tickets from person to another.  However, no word has been given yet. 

Looks like they have 31 days to figure it out.

Normal
Small
Posted by scallamander

Just got gencon tickets in the mail.  No TDA events.  Thine ship hath sailed and thou-st <Censored> has hitith the fan!

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

Just a reminder that Naughty Words are not allowed. 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Normal
Small
Posted by felwred

Any news? We're 3 weeks out.

Can we electronically transfer tickets? If we can't - how can we avoid events like TD from imploding from the logistics challenges we described?

Fred

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer

Transferring E-Tickets to your friends or family.

If you have a ticket under your name you can transfer it to a friend or family member. Paper tickets cannot be transferred after the ship-to-me date. Only electronic tickets can be transferred up until the time of the event that they are for. 

To transfer a ticket, go to the event's details page while signed into your account. The event's details page can be accessed from the [Event Finder] or from your Schedule. Click on your name in the upper right corner of any page and scroll down to see your schedule. 

In the Ticket Selection Sidebar on the right side of the Event's details page, if a box is checked indicating that you have a ticket for the event, you will see a "Transfer Ticket" button at the bottom of the sidebar. Selecting that button will take you to a page with a list of your friends and family. Select the person you want to transfer a ticket to and then select the "Submit" button. 

Transferring a ticket to someone is similar to buying them a ticket. They must have a valid badge for the time of the event and they must have an opening in their schedule when the event occurs.You can only transfer tickets to people on your Friends & Family list.

You cannot transfer an E-Ticket to someone who has their schedule blocked by another event.

On your “My Transactions” page you will now see that the E- Ticket has been transferred to the person you selected.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Well hot-diggity-damn, you guys pulled it off.  I retract some of the things I said. :-)

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer scallamander

scallamander wrote:
Just got gencon tickets in the mail.  No TDA events.  Thine ship hath sailed and thou-st <Censored> has hitith the fan!

If you ordered TDA Events then you can see them on your homepage or on your "My Transactions" page.

They are also listed on your packing slip under ""Electronic Tickets for..."

New Post Sign in to write a new post.