Event NMN18136389 conflicts with event(s) NMN18136395
Normal
Small
Posted by drail14me

Trying to add an event. It's the same event, just at different times. I get a conflict error. Anyway around this?

Event NMN18136389 conflicts with event(s) NMN18136395

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

They're looking into it. 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

It looks like those events overlap and are not the same event:

• NMN18136389 runs August 4, 8 am - noon
  • NMN18136395 runs August 4, 10 am - noon

You can't be at both events at the same time, so you cannot get a ticket to both.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by drail14me

I'm sorry, I got the event numbers wrong. The conflict is between NMN18136389 and NMN18136393.

NMN18136389 is from 8:00am-12:00pm
NMN18136393 is from 4:00pm-8:00pm

What I'm actually wanting to do is end up swapping NMN18136393 at 4:00pm which I have paid for and attend NMN18136389 at 8:00am instead.

Normal
Small
Posted by drail14me

Never mind, I see the problem. It gets confusing not being able to see the events planned on a calendar.

Normal
Small
Posted by drail14me

So, how do you drop an event you've already paid for?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Those events don't overlap and shouldn't conflict. If you're getting an error, can you email a screenshot to events@gencon.com to confirm?

If you just want to swap events, you can refund the session you already have by going to your home page by clicking on your name at the top right, and then choosing to refund tickets. That will go to system credit you can use to buy a ticket to the other session.

If that doesn't work, send the email with the screenshot and we'll try to figure out what is going on.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin drail14me

drail14me wrote:
So, how do you drop an event you've already paid for?

You can do it youself, following these instructions, or email customerservice@gencon.com.

You now have the option to “return” your tickets on your own. Returning tickets will go back to system credit which you can then use to purchase other things. System credit is non-transferable, non-refundable and doesn’t expire. If you would like us to refund your ticket back to your credit card or to system credit we can but there will be a 5% Admin fee applied to the return.
Here is information on how you can “return” your tickets.
From your homepage:

• You can return tickets you purchased for yourself or tickets purchased by someone else for you (the original purchaser will receive the system credit).
  • Event tickets are displayed under the “Tickets by Event” header – on the right side of this header is a return option. Click “Return”.
  • Your tickets will be displayed with a check box next each one. Check the box on the left for each ticket you wish to return.
  • Click “Confirm” on the right side of the “Tickets by Event” header to return those tickets to inventory.

From your transactions page:

• Event tickets are displayed by transaction under individual transaction headers. On the right side of each transaction header is a return option. Click “Return”.

Your tickets will be displayed with a check box next each one. You will see the event description, the recipient and the cost. Check the box on the left for each ticket you wish to return and then hit “Submit” found on the bottom left side of the page. Make sure the tickets you are returning are for the correct recipient.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by ytuni

When you email customer service for a ticket refund, should you use the email associated with the account through which the tickets are purchased? My tickets were purchased through my husband's account but using my credit card. 

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

That would certainly help, yes. The name on the card doesn't really matter, but make sure to have the person who's account actual made the purchase contact CS to request the refund.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.