D&D eXperience DM/Players Meet Up 2018
5 6 7 9 11 12 13
5 6 7 9 11 12 13
Normal
Small
Posted by ebohm

We seem to be drawing the attention of a tiny fraction of the people who have signed up.  Could we get an email sent out to DDXP ticket holders directing them to this forum thread?

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx ebohm

ebohm wrote:
We seem to be drawing the attention of a tiny fraction of the people who have signed up.  Could we get an email sent out to DDXP ticket holders directing them to this forum thread?

I have asked the Baldman and apparently it's not as easy as that. Not sure on the particulars but it would seem it's a no go.
Any thoughts on where else to post notices for this thread?

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx malcore1976

malcore1976 wrote:
tjxavier wrote:
Heya! I'm Brian Adrianse and I'll be DMing DDXP Mid Tracks A&B.
At cons, I tend to pretty flexible. I usually follow my players' interpretations of ambiguous rules (provided, of course, that they aren't flagrantly violating the rules) because, well, nothing sucks worse than traveling halfway around the country to have an ultra-strict DM tell you that you can't play your character the way you do in your local AL group.
I prefer the tactical aspect of using maps and minis for combat. I generally build Dundjinni maps for all my mods and have a vast assortment of minis. That said, having played since 2nd Edition, I am well-versed in the art of running theater of the mind combats and sometimes regret how dynamic descriptions of combat are often ignored in today's tactical combats. So, ultimately, I'm good with whatever the group wants here.
I enjoy roleplay and combat equally, so I'm comfortable with groups that wants to focus on interaction and use kid gloves in combat or that prefers intensely tactical and challenging combats and would rather hurry through the boxed text and get to the next ROLL-playing encounter. My natural play style tends toward both strong roleplaying in social scenes and challenging, tactical combats.

You sound like a DM we would be interested in.  Our group is pretty laid back and we're there to have a good time and have fun. We wan't our DM to have a great time too!

Brian, I've got you set up and ready. If this group sounds good, just let me know and I will make it so.

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx mike_amer

mike_amer wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm Mike Amer. I'll be DMing the Low tracks A and B.
As a DM, my approach is simple. I want every player to have as much fun as I am. I want the characters to do awesome stuff!
I tend to run a light-hearted table with more laughs than tears. But I'm willing and able to bring the pain... if you're into that. I really dig the improv aspect of the game, and love it when players come up with crazy ideas that I would have never thought of.
For combat, I typically run hand-drawn maps and minis, and am happy to get as tactical as my players want.
So let's have a good time and then laugh about it afterwards over a beer or three.

Alright, Mike. You are set and ready.

Normal
Small
Posted by mazinga

Hi, it's Gregory Harris, running Greg Harris Low Track A/Hook Horror.  I'm looking forward to meeting the players and DMs, especially the usual crew.  I'm also an Indianapolis resident, so please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the city.  I'll do my best.  

Normal
Small
Posted by gazornick mazinga

mazinga wrote:
Hi, it's Gregory Harris, running Greg Harris Low Track A/Hook Horror.  I'm looking forward to meeting the players and DMs, especially the usual crew.  I'm also an Indianapolis resident, so please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the city.  I'll do my best.  
mazinga- my friend Scott and I are still trying to get a table together. We would at least like to ID a DM so we can make sure we have our character choices locked in. Scott has a level 3 human fighter that was built using the variant human rules that required GM approval, for instance. If his character is not approved for whoever we end up with, he will have a brand new level 1 character ready but it would be good to know before. Would you DM for us and we can fill in the holes from the character pool?

Normal
Small
Posted by wolfjflywheel

Hello all, player looking for group

Player name: Chris Broaddus
Track:  Mid Track A
Character- I can do either a CoM Druid or a Monk

Normal
Small
Posted by thafame

Hey everybody, first time Gen Con goer and player looking for a group.

Name - Luther Johnson
Track - Low Track B
Character - Played rangers, barbarians, and rogues in the past, but willing to fill in with whatever the group needs.

Normal
Small
Posted by kestrana silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
kestrana wrote:
Hi, I am a Low Track A player and I have either a lvl 4 Divine Soul Sorcerer or a lvl 2 Ranger I can bring, whatever the party needs. I don't have a preference on DM.

Hey Low Track A player... I need your true name before I can throw you into the pool (and for certain unspeakable rituals which we shan't speak of because, well... they are unspeakable).

Sorry - CJ Oliver

Normal
Small
Posted by waltermana

Should we be looking out for information about these events before showing up?  Like how much should i have prepared with my character before sitting down, ect.?

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx waltermana

waltermana wrote:
Should we be looking out for information about these events before showing up?  Like how much should i have prepared with my character before sitting down, ect.?

I'm not really sure what you mean by how much to have prepared. 
You will need an Adventurers League legal PC of the appropriate tier for your event. Have your Log Sheet ready in case the DM needs to see anything.
Above all, be ready to have some fun, meet some cool people, and make some new friends!

If that did answer your questions; you can get more specific here or send me a message here: [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx kestrana

kestrana wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
kestrana wrote:
Hi, I am a Low Track A player and I have either a lvl 4 Divine Soul Sorcerer or a lvl 2 Ranger I can bring, whatever the party needs. I don't have a preference on DM.

Hey Low Track A player... I need your true name before I can throw you into the pool (and for certain unspeakable rituals which we shan't speak of because, well... they are unspeakable).

Sorry - CJ Oliver

Ok, CJ. You are now floating in the Pool of Players.

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx thafame

thafame wrote:
Name - Luther Johnson
Track - Low Track B
Character - Played rangers, barbarians, and rogues in the past, but willing to fill in with whatever the group needs.

LOOK EVERYONE!!! FRESH MEAT!!!

Luther, hope you have a great time at Gen Con and with the Baldman crew! 

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx wolfjflywheel

wolfjflywheel wrote:
Hello all, player looking for group
Player name: Chris Broaddus
Track:  Mid Track A
Character- I can do either a CoM Druid or a Monk

There you go, Chris. Start putting your team together and get ready for a wild ride.

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx gazornick

gazornick wrote:
mazinga wrote:
mazinga- my friend Scott and I are still trying to get a table together. We would at least like to ID a DM so we can make sure we have our character choices locked in. Scott has a level 3 human fighter that was built using the variant human rules that required GM approval, for instance. If his character is not approved for whoever we end up with, he will have a brand new level 1 character ready but it would be good to know before. Would you DM for us and we can fill in the holes from the character pool?

Your search for a DM has come to an end. Master Harris of Team Hook Horror has relayed to me that he would be most pleased to place you into harms way at his table.
4 more seats to fill.

Normal
Small
Posted by thafame silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
thafame wrote:
Name - Luther Johnson
Track - Low Track B

LOOK EVERYONE!!! FRESH MEAT!!!Luther, hope you have a great time at Gen Con and with the Baldman crew! 

Thanks, looking forward to a lot of role playing and dice rolling.

Normal
Small
Posted by drmean

Hey Luther. We've only got 3 for our Low Track B table if you'd like to join us. We could definitely use a barbarian or rogue. We've got a sorcerer and an archer. I'll just fill-in what's missing.

Normal
Small
Posted by solodan silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
gazornick wrote:
mazinga wrote:

Your search for a DM has come to an end. Master Harris of Team Hook Horror has relayed to me that he would be most pleased to place you into harms way at his table.
4 more seats to fill.

Rachel and I (Dan) remain drifting in the pool and would love to be a part of the madness that is team hook horror.  

Normal
Small
Posted by [email protected]

Wow, missed a lot of activity in this forum! I'll have to remember to check back more frequently.

Mark Casiglio - Already on the list as a low track A & B DM. I enjoy providing a fun role-play experience and consider that to be my strength, but I'd like to think I provide a fun tactical challenge as well. I use maps and minis (but will default to TotM for anything short and simple). And of course I'm happy to tailor my game to fit the preferences of my players. 

Normal
Small
Posted by searingrain

Just wanted to post a quick update for Team Cambion! Just confirming level/classes of the characters being played, so that new people finding the forums can see if they want to fit in the group! 

Zach: Divine Soul Sorc L5 // whatever if other stuff is needed
Charlie: Vengeance Paladin L5
Chris: Arcane Trickster L5
Ski: Ancients Paladin L7

One week until GenCon!!!!!!!

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
5 6 7 9 11 12 13
5 6 7 9 11 12 13