Adventurers League Questions
Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

I was unable to get into the D & D Experience but was able to get into all three Tier 2 adventures. My first question is how is the noise level in the Griffin Hall during the game slots? My next question is about table size.....I see that the slots for each equals 6 players per table, but does Goodman games try to squeeze in a 7th player? Thanks for any info.

Normal
Small
Posted by rong

Last year I found the noise level in Griffin Hall to be very manageable. At no point did I have trouble hearing my DMs.

As far as seating, my experience is that they try to seat tables of 6, though obviously it depends on the number of DMs available and the number of players that show up. Could be fewer, could be 7. 6 seemed the most common though.

Normal
Small
Posted by dwintheiser

Yes, I agree -- the hall in the JW Marriott that Baldman Games (Goodman Games is a publisher, not a event organizer) inhabited last year (and will again this year) is really good acoustically; if you don't have existing hearing issues, you shouldn't have any problems in that space.

Seven-player tables are legal in AL, and the marshals at GenCon will try to fill tables so as to guarantee that as many people as want to can play -- they don't have unlimited DMs, after all. (The Experience limits tables to 6, but that's a feature of that program, not of AL at GenCon in general.)

Normal
Small
Posted by stormforge

I'm glad they moved the AL to Griffin Hall in the JW Marriott, it was a great place to game. In the past, when it was in the open convention halls, it was loud, and seemed disorganized from the standpoint of being crowded out with all of the peripheral events taking place.

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester

Thanks again for helping with answers gang.

We shoot for 6 player tables but 7 happens.

Griffin Hall is great for noise. I mean it is still Gen Con - noise is part of the gig but it is leagues better then most other large spaces at the convention. The Starbucks outside our main entrance is an added bonus that my HQ greatly appreciates.

Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

thanks for the replies and great info. See ya all in less than 3 months!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.