How do I search events?
Normal
Small
Posted by smithrj

It appears as if the search interface for events has changed. How can I search for boardgames on Friday for example? Is there a way to filter for what you are looking for instead of having to input a keyword?

The only choices I see are age restrictions, event happened or not, and experience level. 

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Click on the red filter button.

Normal
Small
Posted by smithrj

Thanks for the tip! Last time I tried that particular button, nothing happened. This time it works!

Normal
Small
Posted by kidlidar

I wish that you could add to the filters like last year.  Unless I'm doing it wrong, you cant narrow it down by game system.  If I only want to find pathfinder events, I have to look through the 3000+rpg events to find them.  This made it very difficult to search for events.  Someone posted their own searchable event catalog that I used this year.  Please GenCon, fix this for next year!

Normal
Small
Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? kidlidar

kidlidar wrote:
I wish that you could add to the filters like last year.  Unless I'm doing it wrong, you cant narrow it down by game system.  If I only want to find pathfinder events, I have to look through the 3000+rpg events to find them.  This made it very difficult to search for events.  Someone posted their own searchable event catalog that I used this year.  Please GenCon, fix this for next year!

Can you not select that under "Game"?

Normal
Small
Posted by kidlidar

Yeah, I'm an idiot, just figured it out.  

Sorry everyone.

Normal
Small
Posted by danieljosephoneil

Is there any way to narrow it down by time?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

If you click on the filter icon immediately to the left of the search field, both Day and Start Time are options to filter by.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.