Can I transfer a ticket in my name to a family member/friend?
Normal
Small
Posted by pcorey

I tried to get a ticket for both my son and I to play Scythe on Saturday afternoon. I must have scored the last ticket and he missed out. I was very lucky and got just about every event I wanted this year. He was not lucky at all. I would like to give him the ticket to the event. Is there any way I can transfer the ticket to him without returning it first? I don't want to risk losing it and I would like to transfer it to his name and have the flexibility to schedule something for myself later.

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer pcorey

pcorey wrote:
I tried to get a ticket for both my son and I to play Scythe on Saturday afternoon. I must have scored the last ticket and he missed out. I was very lucky and got just about every event I wanted this year. He was not lucky at all. I would like to give him the ticket to the event. Is there any way I can transfer the ticket to him without returning it first? I don't want to risk losing it and I would like to transfer it to his name and have the flexibility to schedule something for myself later.

Hello,
You can just hand him the ticket. We do not check names on tickets.

Normal
Small
Posted by dwintheiser

Handing him the ticket won't free up your schedule to let you reserve another event in that slot, unfortunately. Still, if you've got generics, you can likely still get into another event using those, even if the registration system won't let you book a 'real' ticket during that time when you're supposedly using your Scythe ticket.

Normal
Small
Posted by pcorey mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
pcorey wrote:

Hello,
I know, but I've already run into an issue where I wasn't able to schedule something else for myself. In theory I could just buy a ticket for the new event in his name and we could trade.  However, he has a scheduled event earlier that day. The time for the new event I wanted starts during his earlier event and ends after the Scythe game starts.  Therefore, the system won't let me purchase the ticket because "on paper" both my son and I have a conflicting event.  As I said in my first post, my preference is to get the ticket in his name so I have more flexibility to schedule something for myself. No big deal if it's not possible, I'll just wander the dealer hall that afternoon. 

Normal
Small
Posted by pcorey dwintheiser

dwintheiser wrote:
Handing him the ticket won't free up your schedule to let you reserve another event in that slot, unfortunately. Still, if you've got generics, you can likely still get into another event using those, even if the registration system won't let you book a 'real' ticket during that time when you're supposedly using your Scythe ticket.
Right, that's why I was curious if there was a way to transfer it to him. It's not like I'll have trouble finding something to do Saturday afternoon. It just so happened that an event I wanted but missed out on suddenly had an open seat. I couldn't take advantage of it due this scheduling conflict. It's not a big deal, but I thought I'd ask.

Normal
Small
Posted by jareds113

Just ask your son to get a ticket to the game you want in that slot and you can swap tickets!

Normal
Small
Posted by jareds113

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

There is no way to transfer the ticket, no - but if you coordinate with them, you could return it online to system credit and then they could try to buy it right away.

As long as no one else is stalking that event at the same time, you'll probably be OK.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by braewe

If you have a friend they could obtain it for you. I gm a fair amount and I've done this for friends in the past--with gm'ing you have a lot of 'free time' in your event schedule, that isn't /really/ free time.

Normal
Small
Posted by dwintheiser jareds113

jareds113 wrote:
Just ask your son to get a ticket to the game you want in that slot and you can swap tickets!

This seems like the best answer to me.

If your son is on your 'friends list', you can even buy the ticket from your account -- just mark that it's for him when you add it to your cart.

Normal
Small
Posted by pcorey dwintheiser

dwintheiser wrote:
jareds113 wrote:

This seems like the best answer to me.If your son is on your 'friends list', you can even buy the ticket from your account -- just mark that it's for him when you add it to your cart.
Sure, I get all of that. Let me try to explain the problem differently. He has an event from 11-1.  I want to give him a ticket that is in my name for an event that runs 2-4.  How do either one of us purchase a ticket for an event that is 12-4?  That's the issue, I had my eye on a specific event that conflicts with our current schedules. 

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke pcorey

pcorey wrote:He has an event from 11-1.  I want to give him a ticket that is in my name for an event that runs 2-4.  How do either one of us purchase a ticket for an event that is 12-4?  That's the issue, I had my eye on a specific event that conflicts with our current schedules. 

You can’t without returning the conflicting event.

Normal
Small
Posted by selene314 pcorey

pcorey wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
pcorey wrote:

Hello,
I know, but I've already run into an issue where I wasn't able to schedule something else for myself. In theory I could just buy a ticket for the new event in his name and we could trade.  However, he has a scheduled event earlier that day. The time for the new event I wanted starts during his earlier event and ends after the Scythe game starts.  Therefore, the system won't let me purchase the ticket because "on paper" both my son and I have a conflicting event.  As I said in my first post, my preference is to get the ticket in his name so I have more flexibility to schedule something for myself. No big deal if it's not possible, I'll just wander the dealer hall that afternoon. 

Like Derek said, return the ticket and then immediately re-buy it under the other name.
This works except in the highly unlikely case that somebody else happens to grab the ticket during those few seconds that it is available.

Assuming you've friended each other so you can buy each other tickets, you can do this all from your account. Thus you will use the credit from the returned ticket to re-purchase it.

Normal
Small
Posted by pcorey

Meh.  I'll spend the time exploring the dealer hall, no big deal.  Just seems odd that it can't be done at all.  Seems like a simple bit of customer service to me.   

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

How can you attend two events at the same time?

Just return the event you’re not attending.

Normal
Small
Posted by pcorey austicke

austicke wrote:
How can you attend two events at the same time?
Just return the event you’re not attending.
Uh, what? I'm not trying to attend two events at the same time.  

New Post Sign in to write a new post.