This event does not require tickets?
Normal
Small
Posted by pahowell0520

I am used to seeing event tickets that are free but I have not seen this before - "This event does not require tickets".  Several events have this listed.  They also list min and max players (example BGM18138224 - Alchemists Demos - Min 3/Max 4).  Do we just show up at the slotted time and hope for a spot?

Normal
Small
Posted by bigjohn

I noticed that too on czech games.  I was trying to get the 2 hour learn to play on certain games but only got one, so I am looking at some of the other demos.  I think getting a ticket guarantees a slot to play, but they have their own room so there are probably demos going on all the time.  I would get a ticket since they are free.

I was going to contact them but couldn't find an email.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Yes, there are some events that do not permit pre-registration or where it doesn't really make much sense.

Those are almost always for activities that are too brief to really bother with pre-registration (like demos) or for spectacle/showcase events that we want to inform attendees of, but it's a big crowd and no one is collecting tickets (like the balloon sculptor or Cardhalla).

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by dreamitdoit

If it's anything like last year, the CGE room is run just like a giant booth in the exhibitor hall. Small shop and a bunch of tables preset with games that you should be able to get a CGE staff member to teach you. We just had a few minutes so we popped in to ask for a rules explanation, and it was no problem.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.