Any ETA on the events getting locations?
Normal
Small
Posted by unwyrden

I'm trying to make sure my current schedule will allow for travel time or not, but it seems like 1/3 or more of my events don't have a location yet. When is that usually finalized (this is my first GenCon)?

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Usually by the time tickets are printed, which starts June 17 this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by unwyrden austicke

austicke wrote:
Usually by the time tickets are printed, which starts June 17 this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke unwyrden

unwyrden wrote:I hope the locations are finalized before then for anyone who'd prefer a refund rather than system credit.

You can still get a refund after June 17—you just need to do it at Gen Con. Anytime up until a half hour before the event.

Normal
Small
Posted by unwyrden austicke

austicke wrote:You can still get a refund after June 17—you just need to do it at Gen Con. Anytime up until a half hour before the event._____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Ah, I misread the return policy. Thank you for clarifying.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Locations will be confirmed well before then, but we do want to give a bit of a window after initial ticket sales to allow events to grow/shrink to match demand and available GMs to manage them.

There will be plenty of time - but, again, my advice is to always avoid booking back-to-back events whenever possible (except maybe when they're organized by the same group or are linked) just to avoid any potential delays.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by unwyrden derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Locations will be confirmed well before then, but we do want to give a bit of a window after initial ticket sales to allow events to grow/shrink to match demand and available GMs to manage them.
There will be plenty of time - but, again, my advice is to always avoid booking back-to-back events whenever possible (except maybe when they're organized by the same group or are linked) just to avoid any potential delays.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Thank you, Derek. There's only 1 that might cause me a problem at the moment...still considering my options there. Most of my back to back events are seminars at LOS so there's no issues.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.