Electronic Ticket?
1 3
1 3
Normal
Small
Posted by stahlnee

The event registration system allows for multiple tickets to be purchased per single badge.

Please confirm that the single badge can be scanned for mutiple tickets for a single event and the host will get credit for each ticket scanned.

Thank you.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke stahlnee

stahlnee wrote:Please confirm that the single badge can be scanned for mutiple tickets for a single event and the host will get credit for each ticket scanned.

Of course.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Normal
Small
Posted by stahlnee

A big discussion brewing on TD forum about that will not be the case at this years GenCon.

Quoting from a post on page http://truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=602&id=247296&start=48

"The way it was explained to me is we must scan in the buyer's badge AND the other player badge at the same time to properly work the system. I signed a paper saying I would abide by their rules, so I can't allow ghosts according to how it works -- unless that person has 9 other real badges."

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

I guess I'm not sure what's being asked. Of course the other attendee also needs a badge. You can't join Gen Con events without one even if a friend buys the event ticket.

Normal
Small
Posted by stahlnee

Can a single badge be scanned 10 times consecutively and be credited as 10 attendees if the 10 tickets are assigned to that badge?

In other words, no need for 10 different badges in order to use 10 tickets to the same event.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

You need 10 different badges to use 10 tickets to the same event - each person can only use a single ticket and each person must have their own badge to be able to participate in an event.

Further, if you bought multiple tickets under your own account and want other people to use them, you will need to be present with your badge to have it scanned before you can designate anyone else as using your ticket.

There will be a tool to allow you to transfer a ticket from your account to another user's account, but that is not available yet.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

I'm sorry I confused the issue. The answer is no. You can't leave blank seats at the table; a friend needs to use the tickets.

Electronic Ticketing FAQ
"If you buy multiple E-Tickets under your own name, you simply bring your friends with you to the event. The host will first scan your badge, then the badges of each of your friends to redeem the additional tickets."

Normal
Small
Posted by boc_mage derekguder

derekguder wrote:
You need 10 different badges to use 10 tickets to the same event - each person can only use a single ticket and each person must have their own badge to be able to participate in an event.
Further, if you bought multiple tickets under your own account and want other people to use them, you will need to be present with your badge to have it scanned before you can designate anyone else as using your ticket.
There will be a tool to allow you to transfer a ticket from your account to another user's account, but that is not available yet.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Really need a simpler/quicker way to hand off the digital tickets then. Preferablly something that doesn't require email. More of send ticket for Gen Con event ID to Gen Con badge/rubi # as a one way transaction. That way to compensate for the previous and very workable run manager (person who buys out the run) to hand tickets to folks early and everyone can handle their own check in vs right now I've got to stand around registration and hope my group is fully together on time (always someone running late). 

As an attendee who spent over 1900+ on event tickets (and all but the gate 10 pass TD tickets) this is very concerning and more stress than should be warranted. 

Really want a paper backup, especially this 1st year until the systems are truly prove and see by attendees as working.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

As announced, there will be a way to transfer tickets to another account before the convention.

You also do not need to wait for all of your friends to show up before scanning any of them in - you will be able to scan some and then the others separately, if necessary - but you will need to be there at the time. Since the run can't start until everyone is there anyway, that shouldn't be a problem.

Ultimately, if you don't want to have to be there to have your badge scanned for your extra tickets to be used and do not want to wait for the transfer tool, return them to system credit and re-buy them in your friends' names directly, and then the tickets will be associated with their badges.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by boc_mage derekguder

derekguder wrote:
As announced, there will be a way to transfer tickets to another account before the convention.
You also do not need to wait for all of your friends to show up before scanning any of them in - you will be able to scan some and then the others separately, if necessary - but you will need to be there at the time. Since the run can't start until everyone is there anyway, that shouldn't be a problem.
Ultimately, if you don't want to have to be there to have your badge scanned for your extra tickets to be used and do not want to wait for the transfer tool, return them to system credit and re-buy them in your friends' names directly, and then the tickets will be associated with their badges.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

So that solves none of my concerns or questions. Really hoping that the answer/ability to transfer tickets doesn't involve the friend list. 

I use digital tickets for other (non Gen Con) events and i've got the option to either use smart phone app or i've the ability to print out a unique barcode for every ticket i have and use that paper instead.

Let me print out the 10 barcodes (that don't require my badge to be scanned) and waste my own paper if i so choose if that's what the hangup is. It gives me (the players) options. I can print the barcodes and if you insist, each player in my group gets their badge scanned as they check in while i'm in coaching or doing other final run prep/organizing.

You're telling me that instead of what works or even soliciting from the playerbase most likely to be affected by this that this is a good thing despite multiple things contrary?

Also keep in mind now you're going to have more groups taking space as they muster in front TD registration. This'll go well...

Normal
Small
Posted by chaddelp derekguder

derekguder wrote:
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
i dont want people to use them or be resold. I want to use the 10 tickets for 5-8 people. this allows us to run at the difficulty level we want. but if a badge isnt scanned, the tickets will show as available and be resold. i dont want that. I want my group of 5-8 people(not 10). but I dont want a refund or TD to be left not to get the money for the run. SO could my badge be scanned extra times for the missing tickets 

Normal
Small
Posted by jmlawson derekguder

derekguder wrote:
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
that is not a solution useful to many true dungeon players. Some intentionally wish to run with fewer than 10 players and are willing to pay for the privilege. Some want to run at a certain difficulty level and since it takes unanimous consent within the party to do anything other than normal, this scan system is not acceptable. As well, some groups make use of synergistic tokens and the forced addition of a fill in player who does not have or will not use those tokens is not acceptable. 

Further, the pace at which TD tickets are snapped up makes it doubtful that even the most coordinated ticket return and repurchase will be successful. Not to mention the restocking fee. 

Both GenCon and TD are getting the revenue from the ticket. Why do you care?  

Normal
Small
Posted by jmlawson

Also, the run can, will, and must start at the appointed time. If a player is not present when the party leaves training for room 1, they can not enter. In fact, at a certain point in coaching, if a player has not yet arrived, they will be replaced from the wait list. 

To me, it doesn't feel like GenCon has any understanding or taken any account of how this event works. 

Normal
Small
Posted by yhfung

is there a gencon policy that mandates that said friend ("friend"?) must (fully) attend an event (viz., be present) for which they scanned a badge?  could a solution that is approved by gencon staff be that, for groups planned with fewer than ten people but with all ten slots bought, a "friend"'s badge for each remaining open slot be scanned during the ticket redemption?

Normal
Small
Posted by brmortensen

Nobody is asking to hand a ticket to a non-badge holder. Even if they did, it is impossible for said person to enter LOS without a badge. Unless you’re suggesting you plan on hiring incompetent  security personnel.

The answers I’m seeing to these questions, and the functionality being presented as alleged “solutions” indicate that GC really has no concept as to how TD has worked since 2003. I would expect more from an event manager.

Please, give us the ability to convert etickets to paper tickets, and/or allow some of the other suggestions from the others.

Normal
Small
Posted by brmortensen

Also, any solution that involves paying a restocking fee on a $78 ticket, especially when this is the result of a change that wasn’t announced until after TD was 95% sold out, is 100% unacceptable.

if you can’t fix your system or find a workaround that supports the way we’ve been playing TD for the last 15 years, then you need to waive those fees, and compensate True Adventures and the player base for wreaking the game

Normal
Small
Posted by jmlawson derekguder

derekguder wrote:
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

except there currently is no such system and Marian has said she can't promise there will be one. 

Normal
Small
Posted by jmlawson austicke

austicke wrote:
I'm sorry I confused the issue. The answer is no. You can't leave blank seats at the table; a friend needs to use the tickets.
Electronic Ticketing FAQ
"If you buy multiple E-Tickets under your own name, you simply bring your friends with you to the event. The host will first scan your badge, then the badges of each of your friends to redeem the additional tickets."
 Alec that is not the way TD has worked for years. A significant number of players desire to run with less than a full group and are wiling to pay for the privilege.  And have been doing so for years. 

Further, no shows can be a problem. As it takes unanamous consent for the party to run any difficulty other than normal, a random last minute add can wreck that for the group. And many groups equip tokens with synergistic effects. A random last minute add who can not or will not use such tokens also negatively impacts the group.

This new system is not well thought out and does not meet the needs of the TD player base. Particularly those who support TD through significant token purchases. TD would not be possible in its current form without those purchases. 

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke jmlawson

jmlawson wrote:Alec that is not the way TD has worked for years.

Consider me schooled. :)

​​​​​​​_____________________________________

Normal
Small
Posted by mhayward1978 austicke

austicke wrote:
jmlawson wrote:Alec that is not the way TD has worked for years.

Consider me schooled. :)_____________________________________

It's a pretty reasonable confusion, True Dungeon is quite unusual in that it is typical for people to buy up tickets with the intention of leaving some slots empty for medical, social, or game experience reasons.

That being said, it's concerning that Gen Con is beta-ing E-Tickets, which would probably work fine under the system described for 99% of events on True Dungeon which has such unusual and special requirements for ticketing.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 3
1 3