D&D Experience: Looking to form group
Normal
Small
Posted by kevincostello

My buddy and I are both old time gamers (1st Edition in late 70's so I don't need tell you how old we are, do I, lol?) who are doing the D&D Experience this year.  Given that it's expensive, we're hoping the caliber of role-playing is high.  We're also hoping to pre-form a group that can meet up at session one and stay together for the four sessions?  

We're hoping for people like us; dedicated to credibly playing race, class, alignment, and putting some effort in to role-playing as well as "adventuring."

If interested, email me at kcostello@costellomains.com so we don't have to go chasing each other around on the boards.  Not sure how large each group is, but if we're lucky, my friend and I hope to get another two, three or four folks ("good old gamers") to join up with.

Normal
Small
Posted by kevincostello

I should have mentioned that I am doing Low Track A schedule.  Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx

Hey Kevin!

I started a meet-up thread for this very thing. Here is the link: https://www.gencon.com/forums/32-events-2018/topics/13641-d-d-experience-dm-players-meet-up-2018

Put your info there and I will add you to the pool of players and help you put a group together and get hooked up with one of our DMs.

Normal
Small
Posted by tparhamjr

Hi silverf0xx, my wife and I may not be "good told gamers" but we'd like to think we're "pretty good new gamers" having played quite a lot over the past years. Unfortunately, this was our first GenCon attempt, so we missed out on the D&D Experience tracks (would have been a perfect fit!)

Any chance there are meetup groups or the like for those of us in the general session that would like to find other reasonably dedicated players (i.e. folks who like playing creatively more than just rolling fistfuls of damage dice and grabbing after "dat sweet loot"*)?

*Not that there's anything wrong with that style, we just prefer a bit more immersion.

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx tparhamjr

tparhamjr wrote:
Hi silverf0xx, my wife and I may not be "good told gamers" but we'd like to think we're "pretty good new gamers" having played quite a lot over the past years. Unfortunately, this was our first GenCon attempt, so we missed out on the D&D Experience tracks (would have been a perfect fit!)
Any chance there are meetup groups or the like for those of us in the general session that would like to find other reasonably dedicated players (i.e. folks who like playing creatively more than just rolling fistfuls of damage dice and grabbing after "dat sweet loot"*)?
*Not that there's anything wrong with that style, we just prefer a bit more immersion.
Well... not to my knowledge as that would likely be a bigger undertaking what with everyone playing in different slots and times.

What I have seen happen is when you get sat with a table and you click with people, you check out what you might have coming up next to see if you can coordinate that way. It's also a great way to find DMs that you click with and enjoy.

I have remained in contact with a lot of players from tables past and we try to get games/slots/sessions together or at the least they stop by my table for some inspiration (a big bag of Starbursts).

If you want to try and build something ahead of time I would suggest putting up a post similar to this one with the slots and adventures you are playing in and see if you can gather together a few groups. It helps the marshals when you have a complete group ready to be sat, too.

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions, don't be afraid to ask. I'll save you a couple of inspirations. =)

*Nice Seinfeld reference. Lol

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx

New Post Sign in to write a new post.