REQUEST: Add sold-out events to my Wish List
Normal
Small
Posted by hauntedcity

Currently, if an event is sold out, I cannot add it to my Wish List.  As we all know, however, events are returned regularly and spots can open up at any time.

It would be great if I could add those events to my Wish List, that way I could quickly see if there are any available tickets.  As it is, I have about 4 events that I have to manually search for every day to look for openings.

If there's a better place to make this enhancement request, please let me know!

Thanks,
Doug

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

That would be a very helpful change.

Normal
Small
Posted by remnant

I put events that I wanted in on before in a spreadsheet and click throughout the day to check the availability, there's also gencon.eventdb.us.  I use it to check 'changes' (events added, tickets returned, events deleted).  Good luck.  There's ways to check but getting the ticket or into the game is the hard part.  You can always show up with generics to the ticket cost and see if someone's a no show.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

We know that some folks use the wish list as a "watch list" of sorts, but unfortunately that just wasn't the original design or intent, honestly.

Hopefully we can design something to accommodate that need in the future.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by hauntedcity derekguder

derekguder wrote:
We know that some folks use the wish list as a "watch list" of sorts, but unfortunately that just wasn't the original design or intent, honestly.
Hopefully we can design something to accommodate that need in the future.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Thanks for listening, Derek!  We really appreciate all the effort you put into event registration.

Normal
Small
Posted by irontk remnant

remnant wrote:
I put events that I wanted in on before in a spreadsheet and click throughout the day to check the availability, there's also gencon.eventdb.us.  I use it to check 'changes' (events added, tickets returned, events deleted).  Good luck.  There's ways to check but getting the ticket or into the game is the hard part.  You can always show up with generics to the ticket cost and see if someone's a no show.

AWESOME! thank you for this, I learn something new everyday! 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.