Introduction to Adventure - Moonshae Preview
Normal
Small
Posted by jffalaschi

I currently have tickets for 2 of those events, on Thursday and Friday morning. On top of that, I'm also participating in the MOON 2 series. I'm new to AL and would like to know if it's okay to participate in two of the Introduction events? From what I read, they are comprised of "4 mini-adventures for 1st-2nd level characters", so I assumed I could do a different one in each day.

I'm so excited about the character that I created, that I want to play as much as possible with him! Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by stormforge

If I remember right, you can participate in the same event multiple times, however, you only get experience for it once, so it would not go on your log sheet multiple times for the same exact event.

Normal
Small
Posted by jffalaschi

Ok, got it. Thanks! Do you believe I can reach level 2 already in one of those Introduction events?

Normal
Small
Posted by rong

For AL play, the same character can only participate in any single adventure one time. You are not allowed to play an adventure a second time, even if you take no XP or rewards. You can replay it with another character though.

That said, the Moonshae Preview adventures appear to be 4 separate mini-adventures. I can't speak to how they are specifically set up, but previous intro adventures of this kind involved 4 1hr mini-adventures that were scheduled (and often took) 2 hours to play through each one. If these are set up the same way, your new character can indeed participate in each of the four mini-adventures. When you play your first game, you'll note which mini-adventure it was. The next time you play, your DM (or mustering official) will ask who has played which parts so that you can sit at a table and play a new part for your character.

As for XP, previously the intro adventures awarded about 100XP per mini-adventure. If that trend holds true, you won't get level 2 only playing one of them.

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester

Heya gang,

Introduction to Adventure - Moonshae Preview does indeed contain 4 separate mini-adventures. You can play it up to 4 times with the same character playing a different part each time. As others have said 2 will not get you to 2nd but a 3rd one might depending on how well you do. The MOON 2 trilogy will get you to enough XP to hit 4th though and then you can use the rules to jump to 5th and playing the MOON 3 trilogy if you want.

Normal
Small
Posted by tparhamjr

Sorry for all the questions. Just really excited about this experience (not to be confused with the D&D eXperience, which is now WAY up there on my bucket list) ;)

... But in the immortal words Jobs: "One more thing ..."

It has been alluded to that these trilogies, or at least some aspects of the Moonshaes campaign, shall be seen at GenCons yet to come. Does that mean we'd have a shot to pick up the MOON 3 when we inevitably get hooked and come back next year?

As a DM who has recently become familiar with some of BMG's other work, I am BEYOND pumped to see what y'all have come up with for the Moonshaes. Such an awesome piece of Realms goodness!

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester

Nothing wrong with questions. The more I answer here the less I answer onsite (and the less you worry leading up to the show and thus have a better time).

The Moonshae Isles are the Baldman's new playground. We start with a preview at Origins and a full launch at Gen Con. They will continue at Winter Fantasy, Origins, and Gen Con (and maybe more - we'll see) into the foreseeable future. So Intro, MOON 1 Trilogy, and MOON 2 Trilogy (DDXP) hit at Origins. MOON 3 (DDXP) and MOON 4 (DDXP) trilogy hit at Gen Con along with replays of all the Origins materials. ALL of those will be available for purchase in the DM's Guild this fall. At Winter Fantasy we'll probably see MOON 5, 6, and 7 trilogies and maybe even an Epic/Special. It will just keep rolling forward from show to show with all of the non-special events ending up in the DM's Guild. So if you only attend Gen Con you'll be able to catch up on the story so you are ready for the new material next year. Our writing is meant to play continuously through the story with a single character. We will also have a huge campaign guide coming out soon with all kinds of good stuff for Moonshae Players and characters.

Normal
Small
Posted by casien

With the Introduction to Adventure: Moonshea Isles . Will there be pre-generated characters? Kinda new to 5th edition, and didnt know if we needed to make character before hand.

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester

We will have pre-gens or you can make a new 1st level character using the D&D AL rules (which is pretty much the PHB with point buy).

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

New Post Sign in to write a new post.