5E D&D: Play with same dm/group all 4 days. Options?
Normal
Small
Posted by lead suit

A friend and I are looking to play with a solid dm and group for the entire con this year. 
We are hoping to play between 8-12 hours each day and go as far as we can during the con. 
I'm not sure what my options are at this point but I figured the forums would be my best 
chance at figuring something out. My friend and I are early thirties and have been playing 
over 15 years. Let me know where I should look to make this happen. Thanks in advance.

Normal
Small
Posted by jffalaschi

Are you joining any of the events? 

Normal
Small
Posted by lead suit

Yeah we've went the past 4 or 5 years and have played in alot games but they've basically just been 4hr one shots. I think it would be amazing if we could setup something with other people and play for 8-10hrs (or more) a day and I understand we would need to pay for time bc gencon wants their cut 

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

Your best bet would have been signing up for the D&D Experience, which is sold out.  Not sure of you saw that one, but it looks to be what you are looking for.  Maybe keep checking and see if tickets become available.  

Normal
Small
Posted by funny-shaped dice

#nowrongbadfun

Good luck finding what you’re looking for.  I think you’ve got the right idea looking on the Forums.  Additionally, I’d recommend you hang out near the Games Library, Games on Demand, or other Free Play areas around the Con on Thursday and see what you can find.

You might also try going to The Stink on Wednesday night (5PM-8PM in Union Station) and see if you can find some like-minded people.

There is also Nascrag - if you get in with the right group, you could advance through multiple rounds and play through multiple scenarios together.

Your better bet though would be for one of the two of you to put yourselves out there as a GM offering a 40-hour campaign for the Con (5 Players Max/4 Players Min @ Ticket Price about $80).  You’ll almost certainly get takers and then you’d be set - you’d have a location and you’d earn enough to pay for a badge for both you and  your buddy.  If you don’t get takers, you’ll know your desire is a bit more niche for Con goers.

Definitely not my cup of tea - but if that is the Gen Con you and your buddy want, there are likely others who want that also.

Normal
Small
Posted by primordial fire

What you really want are friends, because the only people I want to commit to spending 8-12 hours per day every day with are friends. 

If you've been going for 4 years, have you made any? If you click with someone during a game it's not unheard of to exchange info and try to link up at future cons. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.