Returning/Refunding Tickets
Normal
Small
Posted by gregwason

Hello! I'm wondering if it's still possible to return/refund tickets now that things have been printed and mailed off(I am a Will-Call person). I believe there used to be a link in your transactions page to do it and it's not there now? I just see some events have tickets released and as I'm still playing around with my schedule I wanted to release some tickets from my transactions.

Normal
Small
Posted by gregwason

I think I just saw on Reddit that yesterday was the deadline. Oh well.

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster

If you return a ticket it will go back as a credit on your account.  Not sure if you can still request a refund or not.  I am sure a GenCon person can answer that.

But if you have a credit on the system you can then purchase different tickets.  This is true even if you had the tickets mailed. Any new tickets would become will-call automatically.

Normal
Small
Posted by magua

You can't request a refund online anymore (last day was yesterday).  This is annoying because it will also prevent you from buying a ticket to a different event at the same time if you change your mind, but such is life.

For tickets you don't want, you can't do anything until the con.  There, you can get a refund as long as it's more than an hour before the event, or you can use the tickets as generics ($4 ticket can count as $4 of generics for any game you want to play).

Normal
Small
Posted by gregwason magua

magua wrote:
You can't request a refund online anymore (last day was yesterday).  This is annoying because it will also prevent you from buying a ticket to a different event at the same time if you change your mind, but such is life.
For tickets you don't want, you can't do anything until the con.  There, you can get a refund as long as it's more than an hour before the event, or you can use the tickets as generics ($4 ticket can count as $4 of generics for any game you want to play).
Well I guess that at least nothing will be released that I want between now and then. I will do my exchange on the Wednesday!

Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

how are people returning tickets on Monday June 18th? the returned tickets keep popping up

Normal
Small
Posted by magua

I'd assume refunds requested via email or similar over the weekend, being processed by Gencon staff (for people who wanted their cards refunded, rather than system credit, etc).

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer darkranger65

darkranger65 wrote:
how are people returning tickets on Monday June 18th? the returned tickets keep popping up

They are not. We are returning tickets of those who got their request in before the deadline last night. Done with that now.

Can only return Event Tickets onsite now at the Customer Service kiosk starting at noon on Wednesday. Must be 30 minutes before the event starts.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Can we purchase tickets for events at the con, or is it now just show up with generics and hope for a spot?

Here's my scenario:

I am attending Gen Con with three friends, who are doing True Dungeon on Thursday night. I bought the tickets for them, but due to unfamiliarty with the Friends & Family system, I wound up buying all 3 tickets for myself, instead of one for each of them. While they're in TD, I will be doing Zombicide, and my friend bought
a ticket in his name for me.

However, since the TD tickets are electronic, it's not just a matter of swapping the paper tickets; the TD tickets are assigned to a specific badge. Assuming you get the electronic ticket transfer system implemented by the time the con starts, I can transfer two of the three TD tickets, but since my buddy has a ticket for a different event at the same time, I can't transfer his.

What I would need to do is have him return his ticket onsite, transfer his TD ticket, then purchase the ticket he just returned. For now, Zombicide is not full, but it's likely to get a bunch of people with generics showing up at start time, and I want to guarantee a place.

Normal
Small
Posted by selene314 buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
Can we purchase tickets for events at the con, or is it now just show up with generics and hope for a spot?
Here's my scenario:
I am attending Gen Con with three friends, who are doing True Dungeon on Thursday night. I bought the tickets for them, but due to unfamiliarty with the Friends & Family system, I wound up buying all 3 tickets for myself, instead of one for each of them. While they're in TD, I will be doing Zombicide, and my friend bought
a ticket in his name for me.
However, since the TD tickets are electronic, it's not just a matter of swapping the paper tickets; the TD tickets are assigned to a specific badge. Assuming you get the electronic ticket transfer system implemented by the time the con starts, I can transfer two of the three TD tickets, but since my buddy has a ticket for a different event at the same time, I can't transfer his.
What I would need to do is have him return his ticket onsite, transfer his TD ticket, then purchase the ticket he just returned. For now, Zombicide is not full, but it's likely to get a bunch of people with generics showing up at start time, and I want to guarantee a place.

You can still purchase tickets at the con. I believe they won't have booths for that anymore, so you have to buy online and pick up at Will Call.

For your situation, hopefully the system will let you transfer two electronic tickets to one of the other friends who is playing TD.

Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

If I buy generic tickets next week will they be mailed to me or will they be a will call at the con?

Normal
Small
Posted by parody

Will Call.  The deadline was a couple of days ago.

Normal
Small
Posted by steffles darkranger65

darkranger65 wrote:
If I buy generic tickets next week will they be mailed to me or will they be a will call at the con?
We made this mistake last year and spent $$ to have everything mailed, only to get stuck standing on line for generics!!  At some point I'll get this Con right.

Normal
Small
Posted by jevertt

What's the most polite / best way to handle it if you know now that you're going to miss an event. Wait till the show and then return the ticket(s) as soon you can? And/or Email the GM and let them know now? 

Also, where do you do such things at the con - is it the same line as will call?

Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by d-detrick

Changed my mind on an event, but can't buy the tickets for a different event that I want to go to because it conflicts with the original event I got tickets for. Is there still a way to get tickets or do I just have to wait until the con, get generics and hope for a spot?

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke jevertt

jevertt wrote:What's the most polite / best way to handle it if you know now that you're going to miss an event. Wait till the show and then return the ticket(s) as soon you can? And/or Email the GM and let them know now?

Return the tickets at the show. I would also email the GM if it's the type of event where the ticket won't immediately be purchased by someone else.
Also, where do you do such things at the con - is it the same line as will call?

Customer Service
​​​​

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke d-detrick

d-detrick wrote:Changed my mind on an event, but can't buy the tickets for a different event that I want to go to because it conflicts with the original event I got tickets for. Is there still a way to get tickets or do I just have to wait until the con, get generics and hope for a spot?

The deadline to return tickets online was last Sunday, so now you need to wait for Gen Con in August and return it onsite.

Normal
Small
Posted by d-detrick austicke

austicke wrote:
d-detrick wrote:Changed my mind on an event, but can't buy the tickets for a different event that I want to go to because it conflicts with the original event I got tickets for. Is there still a way to get tickets or do I just have to wait until the con, get generics and hope for a spot?

The deadline to return tickets online was last Sunday, so now you need to wait for Gen Con in August and return it onsite._____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group
Does this mean that there is no way to get tickets to any other event that was scheduled at the same time? 

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke d-detrick

d-detrick wrote:
austicke wrote:

The deadline to return tickets online was last Sunday, so now you need to wait for Gen Con in August and return it onsite.

Does this mean that there is no way to get tickets to any other event that was scheduled at the same time? 

Yes. If you have a conflicting ticket, you won't be able to return it until Gen Con in August.

Well, unless a friend without a conflict gets the ticket for you....

Normal
Small
Posted by d-detrick austicke

austicke wrote:
d-detrick wrote:
austicke wrote:

Yes. If you have a conflicting ticket, you won't be able to return it until Gen Con in August.Well, unless a friend without a conflict gets the ticket for you....

Sign in to write a new post. New Post