I have a question about the events.
Normal
Small
Posted by toastgoats

Are the events announced for Warhammer 40k Wrath and Glory the only ones that will be at Gen Con or will more Wrath and Glory events be scheduled later on? I'm not really familiar with how Gen Con is run or conventions in general.

I noticed that you can submit events but since all the Wrath and Glory events are sold out I'm not sure if that option is available.

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

You can still submit events, but there's a small chance they won't get approved before the con.  I submitted 2 in mid-May, and they are still waiting.  They gave priority to events submitted by the deadline, the late submissions are done as they get to them.

They say that after this week, when they complete mailing out packets, they'll get back to reviewing the late submissions, and they expect that any events that don't have special requirements will get approved.  So, submit away.

Also, if you don't want to run an event, merely attend, you can always show up with generic tickets.  There are often no-shows, or they might be willing to accommodate an extra person.

Normal
Small
Posted by toastgoats

Thanks, since I have no experience as a dm I'll just keep watching the list and hope I can get a spot.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

The Late Submission deadline was yesterday.

Normal
Small

Hmm, didn't realize there was a cut-off, since the Submit An Event button still works, but yeah, it says 30 days before the start of Gen Con.  That's actually a good thing, since it means they should have time to review the late submissions.

Normal
Small

An easy way to see if any events are added or tickets have been returned is to check the Event DB site. Every 6 hours they pull down the list from Gen Con and note new events, deleted events, and events that have had tickets returned.

Also, watch this forum. As late events get approved, people will often announce them here.

Normal
Small
Posted by toastgoats

Thanks! I didn't think to check that.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

There is a schedule of brief demos pending, but I'm not expecting a ton more full-on games.

There are still some pending late events and we try to squeeze in more events for stuff that's already sold out, though, so you can keep checking. Or you can reach out to publishers directly to volunteer to run more games to get some more capacity on the schedule. Almost all of them would be eager to get some more help.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by toastgoats

Thank for the info, I had no idea that there we going to be demos too.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.