Gen Con Rear Guard 2018
Normal
Small
Posted by aaronmlopez

It's that time again, folks!!!! Gen Con Rear Guard meet-up!

Sunday, August 5th 6pm until 11PM

Room 308 at the JW Marriott

What is it? A time to wind down from the convention, share con-stories, bring some of your newly acquired loot to show off/share, or just hang out and watch those who are now too tired to move any further.

Last year, we met at the JW Marriot and had a blast! Not sure where we are going to meet this year, but I'm sure we'll find a space somewhere. 

This is a drop-in/drop-out kind of thing. We'll keep going as long as people show up and the space we have doesn't kick us out! 

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

I am in for this!  

Normal
Small
Posted by bwd72

Keep us posted on location!!  Sounds like fun!

Normal
Small
Posted by aaronmlopez

Last year, someone who worked at the JW donated us a pretty decent sized room. I cannot remember his name (and I did not think I was able to attend this year to organize anything until 2 days ago), so I have not been able to move any further on this. Worst-case scenario, we can meet in one of the connected hotel lobbies.

Normal
Small
Posted by divachelle

We're in again! Last year was so much fun!

Normal
Small
Posted by tcinternet

Hey guys! I think we've got the room again this year. I'm no longer at the JW, but I called in a couple favors and we should be set to go. Would that work for everyone?

Normal
Small
Posted by divachelle

Perfect! It's so gracious of you to do this again for us!

Normal
Small
Posted by aaronmlopez

That is Awesome!!! Thank you very much! (Though, you may need to remind us of what room it is in! LOL! I thought it was room 410/411 last year...)

Normal
Small
Posted by dkrantz152

Check this thread.  Gen Con has an open gaming area until 4pm Sunday in JWM.  They can't extend beyond that officially, but maybe if you ask the Marriot people, they can let you keep using the room.

Normal
Small
Posted by tcinternet

OK, we are confirmed for Room 308 at the JW Marriott from 6-11PM. I'll actually be joining you guys this year, and will probably be bringing some food and soft drinks. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Normal
Small
Posted by aaronmlopez

Just bumping this up as a reminder! If you are looking for a way to wind down after the Con and are not leaving the city on Sunday, come on by and sit and chat/game with fellow gamers, play some games (that you purchased/brought with you, or some that someone else brought along) and meet some new friends! 

Normal
Small
Posted by virtualwizard

Last year, I had great time smuggling, er transporting legitimate goods in Nottingham and getting my broken race car over the finish line. I'm looking forward to unwinding with everyone :)

Normal
Small
Posted by aaronmlopez

Speaking of games, does anyone have any in particular that they are bringing this year?

Normal
Small
Posted by loon

I hope to make this. 

Normal
Small
Posted by aaronmlopez

I am sure we will have plenty of room! Last year we had 4 tables available and we are in the same room this year. So bring your Gen Con treasures and relax and hang out with the rest of the Rear Guard! (And all membership fees are waived this year! Ok... there are no membership fees... never were... No tickets required. You can drop in/out whenever!)

Normal
Small
Posted by tcinternet

Hey guys! I am getting called back to Louisville, but room 308 will be available from 5-11 PM! I HOPE YOU HAVE A BLAST!!!

Normal
Small
Posted by virtualwizard

I'm not certain I'll make it. I ran into some old friends that I haven't seen in years.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.