Open gaming?
Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, but this is for after-hours, so the hall’s not an option.  We were able to schedule almost all our events for morning or evening to maximize our hall time. 
I’m sure we’ll find some way to amuse ourselves ;-)

The event hall is open 24 hours a day, so there is no "after hours." There won't be an event HQ nearby to confirm what tables are open, but if you're late enough, it should be pretty self-evident.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Sorry, I meant the Exhibit Hall.  The time we have to kill is at Lucas Oil, so it seemed convenient that the library was there as well.  We'll probably have enough swag on us that we can find something to play.

That being said, the library should have a different fee schedule for borrowing a game as to opposed to just playing a game someone else has borrowed.  A group of people should not all pay full price to borrow only a single game.  I know it's a separate group that runs it, so Gen Con doesn't set the prices, as far as I know.  Maybe they'll see it and consider the suggestion.

Normal
Small
Posted by aj_27

We will have open games for Universal Horizons all weekend at JW Marriott, Third Floor. Look for the sign outside the door! We can also direct you from booth 2348. We accept all walk-ins with generics! Check us out!

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
Sorry, I meant the Exhibit Hall.  The time we have to kill is at Lucas Oil, so it seemed convenient that the library was there as well.  We'll probably have enough swag on us that we can find something to play.
That being said, the library should have a different fee schedule for borrowing a game as to opposed to just playing a game someone else has borrowed.  A group of people should not all pay full price to borrow only a single game.  I know it's a separate group that runs it, so Gen Con doesn't set the prices, as far as I know.  Maybe they'll see it and consider the suggestion.

You can always contact them directly, but I think the idea is more than there is only so much space in the library area, and the fee isn't for how many games you borrow, it for the ability to hang out in the area and play whatever you want, whether from the library or your own games or something you find there.

It sounds like what you want are shorter & cheaper windows for access, which is a slightly different piece of feedback to pass along to them. Definitely let them know your thoughts.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by ryric

I can sort of see the argument - if you have, say, 6 person tables, and a game that plays 2-6 players, 2 people playing it take up exactly the same table space and game components as 6, yet they charge a lot more for 6 players. Their This assumes that they're not going to try and squeeze two games onto one play area just because the player count is low.

On the other hand, if you're all about board games, the library is a cheap way to play tons of them all day.

Normal
Small
Posted by algreenberg

Double check that answer on the games library.  Last year, we only needed to have *1* player register in order to take out the game and everyone else could play with them.  Don't know if we were doing something wrong, but I had three players walk in with me, registered just one, and no one EVER said anything.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.