Materials Not Provided
Normal
Small
Posted by mdrannor

Sorry, but this will be my first Gencon.   I've signed up for a Pathfinder Society game for levels 3-7.  The event says that materials are not provided.  Does this mean I have to bring my own character sheet and if so, am I able to make a level 3-7 character just prior to the event? 

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

You'll want to check with the Pathfinder Society directly. I'm not sure if they allow you to make a character above 1st level, or if you need to play through in order.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by aegoce

PFS doesn't allow creation of your own characters above level 1 (other than if you're applying some generic XP from previously running pre-gens to a new character I think).

In the past they have had pre-gen characters appropriate for each of the level ranges.  You may need to remind your DM to go pick up a pre-gen packet if it works like last year where were laminated sets.  Previous years they just had a bunch of print outs and you'd need to grab one from a table before starting.  If you search around on Paizo.com in the products section there should be a free download including all the pre-gens for each of the levels if you want to see the options.

The materials you'll need that aren't provided are basically a set of dice and a pen/pencil.  The DMs will have maps and generally miniatures or miniature substitutes.  Since you're using pre-gens there wouldn't be any need for the usual requirement that you have the books available your character is created from.

Normal
Small
Posted by mdrannor aegoce

aegoce wrote:
PFS doesn't allow creation of your own characters above level 1 (other than if you're applying some generic XP from previously running pre-gens to a new character I think).
In the past they have had pre-gen characters appropriate for each of the level ranges.  You may need to remind your DM to go pick up a pre-gen packet if it works like last year where were laminated sets.  Previous years they just had a bunch of print outs and you'd need to grab one from a table before starting.  If you search around on Paizo.com in the products section there should be a free download including all the pre-gens for each of the levels if you want to see the options.
The materials you'll need that aren't provided are basically a set of dice and a pen/pencil.  The DMs will have maps and generally miniatures or miniature substitutes.  Since you're using pre-gens there wouldn't be any need for the usual requirement that you have the books available your character is created from.
  Okay, this helps.  Thanks.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.