Events in Lucas Oil
Normal
Small
Posted by heychadwick

Role Players are all in the hotels that are squirreled away in rooms with doors.  That's the perfect place for them.  People will go to the RPG's no matter what.  They don't need to be visually present.  

I was doing games that were visually cool looking that usually draw in a lot of generic tickets from people looking for something interesting.   We rely on foot traffic.  

Putting someone like FFG out in Lucas Oil makes sense strategically as people who play in a lot of FFG games don't really play other events much.  They take up a lot of space.  They could OWN the space.  It would not likely happen, though, due to the prestige of having your stuff front and center in the main hall.  

EDIT:  I should also say for those that are doubting how much of an impact it had on our events.  We would get a lot of walk ups and generic tickets as we had really interesting tables with a lot of fancy terrain.  That, and it's Star Wars games.  Everyone loves Star Wars.  We had a lot of walk ups last year when we were in the main hall (close to where Blizzard was this year).   Instead, we were in the far, right corner of Lucas Oil.  Few people wandered as far back to us as last year.  It really did affect us.  There were a couple of people who did make it that far back that were really excited to find us and that was really cool.  :)

Normal
Small
Posted by deadsaidfred braewe

braewe wrote:
It did seem nice for gaming, but FINDING things was not so good. We were late to the Artemis simulation not because we couldn't get to the stadium, but because once IN, it's like a maze and the HQ is INSIDE the main area instead of OUTSIDE where they can give directions, unless we missed it. 
They should have an HQ just after the tunnel. If they had one and I missed it, I apologize.
We had the same experience wrt Artemis.  I had seen a recommendation to pull the HQ desk closer to the point where folks enter the field - think this would have helped us.  Overall, we really liked the gaming experience at LOS - we hit the Game Library, Imperial Assault and Fotress America here also - really liked that the noise was easily dissipated.  We were sitting beside the Hungry, Hungry Hippos competition and could still talk to each other.

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

I don't think they need to move the HQ, they just need clear signage on how to get to the field.  When you arrive in the underpass from the ICC, it's not clear at all how to get there.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.