Overnight Events?
Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman glory

glory wrote:
raidkillsbugsded wrote:
bithlord wrote:
I participated in an overnight event every night.  took about 8 hours.  But it was a solo event.  
I recommend it, though, to everyone.

There are multiple ways this could be interpreted.  You might want to clarify things a bit. 
Sleep. He obviously meant sleep. 

There's a group version of this event as well

Normal
Small
Posted by timjs21

I'd definitely like to see more late night gaming.  There just aren't enough events that start at 10pm and later.  For me and the group I come with, we are mostly interested in RPG's and board games.  It would be nice to see more of those beginning late.  We wouldn't be looking for all-night events, but the typical 2-4 hour slots. 

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I had a dream a few days ago that I was playing in some overnight Dungeons and Dragons game.

Normal
Small
Posted by matthias9 lord thrifty the cromulent

mstabosz wrote:
I had a dream a few days ago that I was playing in some overnight Dungeons and Dragons game.

Maybe some leftover gamers from GenCon snuck into your room.

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent matthias9

matthias9 wrote:
mstabosz wrote:

Maybe some leftover gamers from GenCon snuck into your room.
It's one of the hazards of living in Indianapolis.  Not all the gamers leave when the convention is over.

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer timjs21

timjs21 wrote:
I'd definitely like to see more late night gaming.  There just aren't enough events that start at 10pm and later.  For me and the group I come with, we are mostly interested in RPG's and board games.  It would be nice to see more of those beginning late.  We wouldn't be looking for all-night events, but the typical 2-4 hour slots. 

It's unlikely you'll see a surge in the number of overnight events.  As I pointed out in an earlier post, several overnight PFS events sold out, but even more didn't.  And of the other, non-Paizo events, very few sold many tickets, let alone sold out.

We petty humans are stuck in the day-night cycle; people like/need to sleep at night.  Also, the exhibit hall is open in the day, and most Con attendees like to explore the hall at least for some of the time they are there.  I'm sure some of the younger attendees have the stamina to game all night, and still have the energy to do stuff during the day, but a lot of us are old fogies who get cranky without our sleep.

Get off my lawn!

Normal
Small
Posted by raidkillsbugsded

I tried hosting a few late night events a few years back when my internal clock allowed for that.  Out of the 3 events I set up...one person showed up to play; the rest were no shows (so 2 events with me all alone there).

New Post Sign in to write a new post.