Downtown Hilton - Reservations Open
Normal
Small
Posted by ajax19

Just a head's up. I randomly checked the Downtown Indy Hilton's website and saw that you can already reserve rooms there for the 2018 GenCon dates.  In the past, they didn't seem to open reservations for those dates until January or later. 

The rooms aren't cheap (out of the housing block), but if you can snag a reservation you can cancel, it's not a bad idea to grab one as a (albeit pricey) back-up downtown hotel room, if you get screwed over on the housing lottery.  

Failing to plan is planning to fail, people!

Normal
Small
Posted by matthias9

Interesting.  Thanks for the heads up.  But, I just checked rates (for 3 people):  $613 - $712 or so per night, depending on room layout.  Pretty steep.  At that price, my backup is probably an outer hotel and commuting in [not that I want to do that, never have before].

Normal
Small
Posted by irontk

Yes, they start allowing people to reserve in the beginning of August of this year. I reserved a Conrad room at 230 a night for 2018. 

The cheaper rooms are now gone however. 

Just remember for next year, look a year out. 

Normal
Small
Posted by squirecam

There are Hilton Home2suites open at 281-320 per night.

Normal
Small
Posted by ar6474

​I recommend calling the hotel reservation centers themselves and they can sometimes find "HIDDEN" rates.

I booked The Residence INN the week after Gencon 50 (2017) for 4 nights for less than $600 Taxes included, (I am a Marriott Member and AAA) and its a 10 minute drive. Last year  we had a 20-25 minute drive. Yes it will be nice to stay downtown attached to the ICC but I am not going to pay for 1 night what I already have for 4 nights.

Normal
Small
Posted by squirecam ar6474

ar6474 wrote:
​I recommend calling the hotel reservation centers themselves and they can sometimes find "HIDDEN" rates.
I booked The Residence INN the week after Gencon 50 (2017) for 4 nights for less than $600 Taxes included, (I am a Marriott Member and AAA) and its a 10 minute drive. Last year  we had a 20-25 minute drive. Yes it will be nice to stay downtown attached to the ICC but I am not going to pay for 1 night what I already have for 4 nights.
if it’s not downtown you can usually find good rates for months. Even when the block sells out.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.