Access Time to Hotel Portal? When generated?
Normal
Small
Posted by funny-shaped dice

The 2018 Housing Policy states

"When housing registration opens, attendees who have purchased badges will be randomly assigned access times, after which they can use their “request room” links to visit the online portal to request specific room assignments."

In 2017, we knew the day before the Housing Portal opened what our assigned time slot was on Registration day.  That was *really* handy - so you didn't have to waste a whole day waiting around to see when you could login.  Has that changed?  Have we gone back to the login on registration day, get time, curse, logout, come back later?

@Mike Boozer or Gen Con Rep:  Can you clarify?  Helping out some newbies so I'm trying to explain to them how this is going to work (for the record, I liked the way it worked last year even though I didn't get a downtown room).

Thanks Team!

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer funny-shaped dice

funny-shaped dice wrote:
The 2018 Housing Policy states
"When housing registration opens, attendees who have purchased badges will be randomly assigned access times, after which they can use their “request room” links to visit the online portal to request specific room assignments."

In 2017, we knew the day before the Housing Portal opened what our assigned time slot was on Registration day.  That was *really* handy - so you didn't have to waste a whole day waiting around to see when you could login.  Has that changed?  Have we gone back to the login on registration day, get time, curse, logout, come back later?@Mike Boozer or Gen Con Rep:  Can you clarify?  Helping out some newbies so I'm trying to explain to them how this is going to work (for the record, I liked the way it worked last year even though I didn't get a downtown room).
Thanks Team!

About 18 hours before the housing portal opens on February 11 at noon EST you will be emailed a message that will include the time slot for portal access on your account.

Please note that you must purchase a badge to get a time slot. It is recommend that you purchase that badge ahead of time, and not at the last minute.

Please note that you will not receive a message if your badge was purchased by someone else. Only account holders who have purchased badges on their account will be eligible to enter the portal and make reservations.

You may make 1 reservation for every 2 badges purchased. 1-2 badges = 1 reservation, 2-3 badges = 2 reservations and so on...

Please go here for more housing information:

Housing and Travel

and here for badge purchasing information:

Badge Information

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Thanks for clarifying, Mike. Sounds like the same as last year.

Normal
Small
Posted by funny-shaped dice

Thanks Mike! That's the answer I was hoping for.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.