GenCon being the biggest gaming convention in the US it's also the hardest to attend. We've got a couple decades under our belts of attending and put together this episode to share some of what we've learned over the years. If this is helpful we'll make another episode for event registration and attendance.
gencon prep notes:
- buy a badge sooner than later
- have a credit card with an expiration date AFTER the show
- be ready for housing portal FEB 10th!
- travel to and from the convention
- parking at hotels even downtown and it can add up
- travel from airport - shuttle and bus
- uber and lyft
Helpful Links:Down town map - http://www.downtownindy.org/explore-downtown/maps/
GenCon SubReddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/gencon/
GenCon Housing page - https://www.gencon.com/housing (login required)
- http://www.gencon.com/attend/housing_travel (no login required)
Cheap ride to and from the Airport! https://www.indygo.net/route/8-washington/