Question About Exhibitor Badge and Housing
Normal
Small
Posted by njseahawksfan

I have worked for the past several years running demos.  The company I run demos for will purchase a badge in my name and I will get my badge refunded automatically by the system.  This usually occurs several months after I've gotten my room via the housing portal.

Am I to understand that if this occurs again this year, I will lose my housing reservation unless I've purchased a badge for someone else so that they will get the room instead of it being released back into the housing portal?

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

No, you will not lose your reservation.  Reservations this year are unique to the account holder, not the badge.  So, for your situation, or for GMs who purchase an attendee badge, and are later assigned a GM badge and have their attendee badge refunded, they will not lose their reservation.  As long as the account under which the housing was obtained maintains a valid badge, there will be no issue.  Hope this clarifies things.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by njseahawksfan marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
No, you will not lose your reservation.  Reservations this year are unique to the account holder, not the badge.  So, for your situation, or for GMs who purchase an attendee badge, and are later assigned a GM badge and have their attendee badge refunded, they will not lose their reservation.  As long as the account under which the housing was obtained maintains a valid badge, there will be no issue.  Hope this clarifies things.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
It does!  Thanks so much for your prompt reply!

Normal
Small
Posted by braewe

But you WILL lose your ability to peruse the other housing options if it is like last year.

To clarify say I reserve a non downtown room. I have purchased a badge. I can keep checking inventory to try to swap to a better room.

But last year when gen con automatically refunded that badge once catalyst assigned me a badge I could no longer enter the housing portal. I did end up getting a better room later--because I bought my daughter her badge and could then went again under HER purchased badge.

I'm not sure what the reasoning is for not allowing access for those who get badges reimbursed but they ought to ASK before doing the auto refund.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke braewe

braewe wrote:But you WILL lose your ability to peruse the other housing options if it is like last year.

Hmm, I bet you could still access it via a direct link even if the link on the Gen Con My Housing page gets messed up. Q-rooms should be able to straighten that out.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Normal
Small
Posted by braewe

You can access your reservation. Not the portal.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke braewe

braewe wrote:You can access your reservation. Not the portal.

Weird, but that's how I access the portal now. View reservation, click Modify and then browse other hotel choices.

But I haven't experienced the circumstance you're describing, so what do I know.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.