Housing Lottery + Badges
Normal
Small
Posted by aserwatuk

So I picked up the badges for everyone in my group that's heading to GenCon this year. Mainly so we didn't have to pay $10 each for shipping on the badges.

I thought each of us was going to be able to get in on the housing lottery, but no one else has access to the page except me.

Did I miss some fine print here?

Normal
Small
Posted by burrfoot72

Yes.  The housing policy was revised this year where only the badge purchasers get lottery times.  There is a whole mutlipage thread here:

https://www.gencon.com/forums/33-travel-housing-and-dining-2018/topics/13071-change-to-housing-policy

debating the fairness / unfairness or whatever else of the whole thing.  

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager aserwatuk

aserwatuk wrote:
So I picked up the badges for everyone in my group that's heading to GenCon this year. Mainly so we didn't have to pay $10 each for shipping on the badges.
I thought each of us was going to be able to get in on the housing lottery, but no one else has access to the page except me.
Did I miss some fine print here?
Only the purchaser of the badges get a lottery number. So If you bought them all you are the only one getting a time slot.

To avoid the $10 shipping, just do will call. Last year at a prime time on Wednesday around 4:30PM, it took less than 20 minutes to get our badges.

Normal
Small
Posted by aserwatuk

thanks guys.
I guess I should have read the fine print.
Badges are already purchased, so... we'll make do with what we've got.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke burrfoot72

burrfoot72 wrote:The housing policy was revised this year where only the badge purchasers get lottery times.

Not changed this year. It's the same as last year.

Normal
Small
Posted by ang_adj

I can vouch for Will Call. I always get my tix that way. Quick, easy, no fuss no muss.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.