Yet another grocery store near downtown.
Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc

https://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/2018/02/07/we-now-know-exact-date-whole-foods-opening-downtown/315934002/ 

Google Maps shows it as an eight of a mile walk from the ICC. And it's supposed to open this spring (March), so that means it'll be available well before Gen Con.

On the other hand: Whole Foods. Kinda pricey. 

Anyway, since there was traffic in this forum about Marsh, it figures some would want to know about other options. There's one right there. 

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by mstabosz

I've seen that one under construction.  It's right across the the street from where I park every day for work.  But it's more than 1/8 of a mile away from the convention center.  Closer to a mile.

It looks very close to finished.  I hope they wrap it up soon.  They closed off the sidewalk I need to use.  So I have to cross Market Street, walk up two blocks, then cross Market Street again to get in the direction of my office.  Waiting out those crosswalks during these frigid Winter months sucks.

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc

Whoops, what'd I write??!! Crud... I meant 8/10ths of a mile, not 1/8. Oy... my fault. It's nearly a mile, according to Google. 

Sheesh, I need to proofread before posting. Thanks for catching that mistake. It's a pretty significant one.

Normal
Small
Posted by jishosan

To be fair, Amazon has been lowering the prices at Whole Foods across the board as part of their retail strategy. It might not be as bad as  you think once it's in place. 

Normal
Small
Posted by jde9942

you know what they need downtown is another breakfast place.  Every place you go the line is outrageous.  Ever since that McDonald's closed in the Hyatt years ago, there's not a good option for a cheap, quick breakfast. 

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon jde9942

jde9942 wrote:
you know what they need downtown is another breakfast place.  Every place you go the line is outrageous.  Ever since that McDonald's closed in the Hyatt years ago, there's not a good option for a cheap, quick breakfast. 

Subway in the mall is inexpensive.

Normal
Small
Posted by keithbradburn lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
jde9942 wrote:

There is also a Subway in the Hyatt.  
Pizza di Tito in the Hyatt also serves breakfast that is fast and cheap.  I work in the PNC Center and have gotten something to go for breakfast. 

Normal
Small
Posted by jde9942 keithbradburn

keithbradburn wrote:
lordnlkon wrote:
jde9942 wrote:

There is also a Subway in the Hyatt.  
Pizza di Tito in the Hyatt also serves breakfast that is fast and cheap.  I work in the PNC Center and have gotten something to go for breakfast. 
I'm sorry, I forgot to say an edible breakfast.  Subway breakfast leaves much to be desired.  The line is long and takes forever.  Not saying McDonald's is gourmet, but their breakfast is decently good for a cheap price, and they know how to keep a line moving. 

Normal
Small
Posted by nikki

Educated Sandwich, right next to the Hilton, has a great selection at a reasonable price and gets the food out quick.  You can even call ahead and place your order for pick-up so it's ready to go when you walk through the door.  All that and a nice staff makes it my favorite breakfast place in all of downtown.

Normal
Small
Posted by jde9942 nikki

nikki wrote:
Educated Sandwich, right next to the Hilton, has a great selection at a reasonable price and gets the food out quick.  You can even call ahead and place your order for pick-up so it's ready to go when you walk through the door.  All that and a nice staff makes it my favorite breakfast place in all of downtown.
Not a bad suggestion, but I didn't see a breakfast menu on the sites I checked.  If you're in the area might be worth checking out, but I'm staying at the JW this year so it'd be kinda a far walk.  Thanks though.

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon

There is also a first watch across from the Hilton as well. 

Normal
Small
Posted by mstabosz jde9942

jde9942 wrote:
Go to Fast Burrito in the lobby of Salesforce Tower.  It's on the corner of Pennsylvania and Ohio.  It's about half a mile away from the convention center, but their breakfast burritos are amazing.

Normal
Small
Posted by garhkal

Maybe they could do with getting a denny's or waffle house downtown!  Something that's always open for grub..

Normal
Small
Posted by mstabosz

It's now officially open.  Whole Foods isn't really my thing, but it is right there between the office and my parking garage.  I feel like I am required to go in there.

Normal
Small
Posted by keithbradburn mstabosz

mstabosz wrote:
It's now officially open.  Whole Foods isn't really my thing, but it is right there between the office and my parking garage.  I feel like I am required to go in there.

Whole Foods Open

New Post Sign in to write a new post.